Author Topic: Quiet over here  (Read 8674 times)

Terry

• Administrator
    • “Grief is like the ocean; it comes on waves ebbing and flowing. Sometimes the water is calm, and sometimes it is overwhelming. All we can do is learn to swim.” –Vicki Harrison
    • View Profile
Quiet over here
« on: October 03, 2013, 07:43:04 PM »

Wondering how everyone has been doing. Have missed you guys. Check in when you find the time.

((((((((( ALL ))))))))) :love9:

Love & Hugs,
Terry

DaveB

• nospam
    • View Profile
Re: Quiet over here
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2013, 09:37:56 AM »
It's quiet over here too. I hate that!

Finding some spare time on my hands, I'm furloughed because of the govt shutdown..

Terry

• Administrator
    • “Grief is like the ocean; it comes on waves ebbing and flowing. Sometimes the water is calm, and sometimes it is overwhelming. All we can do is learn to swim.” –Vicki Harrison
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2013, 11:43:29 AM »
It's quiet over here too. I hate that!

Finding some spare time on my hands, I'm furloughed because of the govt shutdown..

Hi Dave - I'm glad you checked in. I think this time of the year slows down to a crawl and we watch the time fly towards the holidays or the hell-a-days. They are rough, on everyone. Not particularly looking forward to the next few months. Too many dates for me. But, I'll get through. We all will! :love9:

Do you have any plans for Thanksgiving? I don't even know if you're still spending a lot of time with Judy's sisters anymore.

Sending you a big hug....(((((((((((( DAVE )))))))))))) :icon_flower:

Love,
Terry

DaveB

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2013, 01:22:55 PM »
Hi Terry--

Yeah, not a real happy time of year for me either. This Christmas will be the 4th without Judy, I can hardly believe it. I just kind of shut down and drift through it. It’s lost all it’s meaning for me.

I don’t have plans for Thanksgiving, but I imagine I’ll be invited over by one of Judy’s sisters. I don’t talk to them much these days, when I do it’s at my initiative. That’s OK, I don’t mind so much.

I decided not to purchase that property, I’m not going to move after all. That’s my story this week, subject to change next week.

I went to that Widow/Widower meetup group a few weeks ago. I figured it might be a good way to connect with others of similar situations, maybe get involved in some interesting group activities. I was the youngest person by 10 years easily. They were really a friendly bunch, but there just wasn’t any shared interests. I did see a group of 4 recent widows who were visiting from some other support group, who may have been around my age. They looked so uncomfortable, poor things. I wanted to go say hello, but they got up and left before the end of the presentation.

Terry

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2013, 02:16:07 PM »

It sure IS hard to believe that this is your 4th Christmas/holiday season since Judy died. I feel the same as you, Dave. I put my happy face on when I'm happy and when I'm not, everyone runs the other way. :laughing6:

I guess those meetings are like selling a house; you have to show 100 before you get someone interested. (strange metaphor, but?) I would imagine the age difference could cause a real dilemma and prevent any chance of even a chat buddy. At least you're getting out there. That's good, Dave! And, I'm sure there are other groups in the area that are more suited to your age group where you'll at least have something in common.:icon_flower:

I'm glad you'll be with family around the holidays, anyway. That always helps.

My plans change weekly, too. I'm staying here for awhile but that could change at any time. I'm by myself, so I can just get up and go whenever. I'm in search of an island! :icon_mrgreen: If you see one for sale let me know!

Hugs!

Doug1222

• nospam
  • Keep on keeping on.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2013, 07:13:12 AM »

Guess what, Dave? I'm even better than furloughed. I have to work (to keep my job), but I'm not getting paid!! We're "essential" or whatever they're calling us now. We got a message from the AG that we'd be AWOL is we're not at work but there are no plans to pay us as the situation sits. We don't even know for sure about back pay yet.

Yay!!

Do we have a sarcasm smiley?

I hope you get through the holidays ok. It's a hard time.

Zylen

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2013, 08:09:54 AM »

Sorry, I thought I posted in the Spouse/Partner Loss section.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2013, 09:18:46 PM by Zylen »

Terry

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2013, 09:10:26 AM »

Guess what, Dave? I'm even better than furloughed. I have to work (to keep my job), but I'm not getting paid!! We're "essential" or whatever they're calling us now. We got a message from the AG that we'd be AWOL is we're not at work but there are no plans to pay us as the situation sits. We don't even know for sure about back pay yet.

Yay!!

Do we have a sarcasm smiley?

Well, this certainly got way off topic :-p

Checking in. So not looking forward to yet another holiday season without her.

Things have been rolling along here. May actually be seeing a light at the end of this tunnel.

Love and hugs,
Kevin

Happy to hear you are finding some peace, Kevin! Thanks for sharing that with us.

Love,
Terry

Terry

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2013, 09:12:57 AM »

I agree!

Thanks for checking in, Doug! I know this month is rough for you with Steven's birthday and your Step-Dad being so ill.

Holding you close. :love9:

Love,
Terry

Doug1222

• nospam
  • Keep on keeping on.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2013, 07:23:36 AM »
Thanks, Terry. I just keep on keeping on.

:icon_flower:

Terry

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2013, 06:17:54 PM »

((((((((Doug)))))))) :love9:

Terry

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2013, 07:49:10 PM »

Sorry, I thought I posted in the Spouse/Partner Loss section.

You *are* in Spouse Loss, Kevin. Are you having a problem with your computer settings maybe? If I can help let me know. Also, who are you apologizing to? As you know already, you are welcome to post on any of the boards here to offer or receive support. It's why we are here!

Love,
Terry

MyLou

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 13, 2013, 02:26:53 AM »
I'm here too out there trying to live .... it's hard at times

(((((( Dave ))))))) It will be my 4th Christmas without Lou too. :tearyeyed:... When do we stop counting or do we ever ...... Good for you going for to the meet up group.  I joined one for widow/widowers they were older and I decided not to go.  I joined a regular meetup group. Maybe you can look into that.

(((((( Kevin )))))) I hear you about the holidays without them.  Glad you are see some light.

Sending , peace , love , light, faith .. hold on my friends.

Always,

Lisa
"Soulmates Forever"

I miss you every second of everyday My Love

I know I will see you again

Terry

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 13, 2013, 10:13:44 AM »

Thanks for checking in, Lis! Have you heard anything from Jason? I know earlier on you were in touch with him. Please let him know I am thinking of him and his kids, with love!
(((((( Lisa, Jason & Kevin - my Philly Friends!! ))))))
:love4:

Zylen

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 13, 2013, 05:55:35 PM »
So tired of hurting. Not sure that I can or want to go through yet another holiday season.

Just.....exhausted. I think the lesson is How to break a soul, and if it is, then mine is shattered.

:(

(((((Hugz)))))) <3
Kevin