Author Topic: Quiet over here  (Read 8673 times)

DaveB

• nospam
    • View Profile
Re: Quiet over here
« Reply #15 on: October 13, 2013, 07:18:00 PM »
Hi Lisa, nice to hear from you! I don't know about the meetup thing. I keep talking myself out of it. How was your meetup group of non-widow/widowers?

Doug, hope the pay situation gets resolved soon! I'm still not working, just burning through all my vacation time. I'm "non-essential"...story of my life lately.

Kevin, the holidays are no fun for me either. I'm not so sad like I used to be, but now everything/everybody annoys me. I'm already in "hideout" mode. Found out yesterday that some of my relatives were coming over today (to discuss stuff with my son, mainly), so I packed up early this morning and took off. I can't fake a happy face, so better to avoid them.

Terry

• Administrator
    • “Grief is like the ocean; it comes on waves ebbing and flowing. Sometimes the water is calm, and sometimes it is overwhelming. All we can do is learn to swim.” –Vicki Harrison
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 13, 2013, 08:11:19 PM »
So tired of hurting. Not sure that I can or want to go through yet another holiday season.

Just.....exhausted. I think the lesson is How to break a soul, and if it is, then mine is shattered.

:(

(((((Hugz)))))) <3
Kevin

As much as we try to prepare for the holiday season, it's still very challenging for us all. The holidays are a family time so atop all of the other emotions and memories we deal with on a daily basis, we add to them the enormous weight of having to deal with not one, not two but three holidays, one right after the other. And, it's not even one day. It lasts three months and this is where the challenge lies for most of us. As much as we try to prepare for these events every year, it's still very difficult.

Have you done any volunteer work? It's very rewarding to open our hearts to those less fortunate. Your local nursing home would be a good start. Buy a pack of Christmas cards or anytime cards and write a little note in there to share with the folks when you visit them. Most of them have no family left and are very lonely. Tell them about Mary. I'm sure they would enjoy hearing about her. About the both of you.

We all sink into that dark hole at different times and that's when we extend our hand and accept the help of others. That help may come in the form of offering help. Pain is not the only thing that is disguised.

If you have a plan or any ideas, share them here with us and maybe others can help by sharing what works for them.

Know you are never alone, Kevin. :love9:

((((((Kevin))))))

Love,
Terry

MyLou

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 15, 2013, 02:24:34 AM »
Hi Dave,

It was nice everyone welcomed me with open arms.  Everyone got along. I haven't went to one in awhile but I really want to. They do fun things all the time. You don't have to go to every event.

Try if you don't like it then you don't have to go again or you can leave.

It can't hurt , right ?

Always,

Lisa
"Soulmates Forever"

I miss you every second of everyday My Love

I know I will see you again

MyLou

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 15, 2013, 02:27:31 AM »
((((( Terry )))))

I haven't talked to Jason in a long time.  I don't have his number anymore

((((( Doug )))))

Sorry about your job

Always,

Lisa
"Soulmates Forever"

browneyedgirl

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 17, 2013, 12:58:43 PM »
(((((((All))))))))))))

I wish I had more than that.....I'm sorry. Thinking of you all and holding you close.
Tony Repola 07/20/66 – 03/29/09
I know you are fishing in the oceans and streams of heaven

MyLou

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 20, 2013, 03:48:42 AM »
(((((((((( PAM )))))))))))))

That means more than you'll ever know sweetie  :icon_mrgreen:

Always

Lisa
"Soulmates Forever"

arthur

• nospam
  • ((Maureen))
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 10, 2013, 11:21:44 PM »
Hi everyone..just wanted all of you to know that you are always in my mind especially when the grief for Maureen wells up like it did today. I also wanted to touch base with you all. I found that I have more damage to my shoulder than I thought from the car accident last January and that I have to have surgery to fix it. I have tried to live with my shoulder injury and over the last 11months it has got progressively worse. I have to deal with this so I am getting surgery on it tomorrow. My company is very hostile to worker absences so I am worried that if  the surgery doesn't work out right that I could lose my job. I am praying to God about this and I am trusting that things will work out I am still dealing with the daily headaches/vertigo  from my concussion from the accident as well.  The pcs symptoms are persistent but very slowly getting better with time.
I also wanted to let you know That I am dating again and I have met someone very special and I have my fingers crossed that it will work out.  The lady I met is very special to me so I hope everything works out.
Well I will keep in touch And let you all know how things go!
Take care Arthur

MyLou

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 11, 2013, 05:07:32 PM »
((((( Arthur )))))

I'm glad you gave us an update.  Sorry you are going through so much from the accident. You are in my prayers. I hope you get a little better each day.  Hoping the operation works and your shoulder feels better. 

Wishing you a quick recovery  :angel11:

She sounds special wishing you the best.

Always,

Lisa
"Soulmates Forever"

browneyedgirl

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 11, 2013, 05:11:06 PM »
((((Arthur)))))

Hope the operation goes okay.  Good to hear that you have met someone.  Wishing you happiness.  :engel2:
Tony Repola 07/20/66 – 03/29/09
I know you are fishing in the oceans and streams of heaven

Terry

• Administrator
    • “Grief is like the ocean; it comes on waves ebbing and flowing. Sometimes the water is calm, and sometimes it is overwhelming. All we can do is learn to swim.” –Vicki Harrison
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 11, 2013, 07:33:45 PM »
Hi everyone..just wanted all of you to know that you are always in my mind especially when the grief for Maureen wells up like it did today. I also wanted to touch base with you all. I found that I have more damage to my shoulder than I thought from the car accident last January and that I have to have surgery to fix it. I have tried to live with my shoulder injury and over the last 11months it has got progressively worse. I have to deal with this so I am getting surgery on it tomorrow. My company is very hostile to worker absences so I am worried that if  the surgery doesn't work out right that I could lose my job. I am praying to God about this and I am trusting that things will work out I am still dealing with the daily headaches/vertigo  from my concussion from the accident as well.  The pcs symptoms are persistent but very slowly getting better with time.
I also wanted to let you know That I am dating again and I have met someone very special and I have my fingers crossed that it will work out.  The lady I met is very special to me so I hope everything works out.
Well I will keep in touch And let you all know how things go!
Take care Arthur

Holding you close, Arthur and hoping the surgery will ease your pain so that you'll regain full range of motion in that shoulder. Please keep us updated.

Wishing you continued happiness in your new relationship. My wish is always for you to find peace.

You have my heart, Arthur and my love, :love9:
Terry