Author Topic: I need friends who understand my loss  (Read 6748 times)

bethscholz31

• View Profile
I need friends who understand my loss
« on: May 07, 2008, 06:08:39 PM »
Hey all I am new to this board and just thought I'd drop in and say hi.I am looking to connect with others who have also lost a sibling,either recently or long ago.I lost my older brother almost 4 years ago and feel like no one understands the loss I suffered.Please drop me a line and we can chat.I can also be reached on AOL or AIM (bethscholz31) or YAHOO MESSENGER (bethscholz9206).

leethuthu

• View Profile
Re: I need friends who understand my loss
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2008, 06:58:22 AM »
hi i am also new i lost my sister in feb 2007 and i know what you are going through the only thing that helps is talking about your loss and when ever you feel that you are missing your brother write it down somewhere but grieve and it never ends cause in life there will always be thing that will remind you of your sibling but you must always have that trust that u will meet them again as promised in the holy book.

lostwithouthim

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2008, 01:57:57 PM »
My brother just died in Feb. I have no clue how to proceed with life without him. He was my best friend , he got me through all the rough stuff. Now he is gone and what do I do without him.
I am in the same boat as you are no one understands how I feel. I think a part of me died with him.

Lucygirl36

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2008, 01:16:34 PM »
Its hard to find someone who understands how time doesnt take away the sadness.Alot think that after time you should be over it or atleast not dwell on it.My sister died 7 years ago and it feels like the pain and sadness is just the same as it was when it happened. It is very hard to cope sometimes......for me the time that has gone by has made it more real..and thats the part that breaks your heart.  There is no answer on how long it takes or how to cope all we can do is turn to each other...this is only my second time writing here and I have to say that this is the place I most definately can feel a connection to my sadness and believe it or not it does help in the moment. When you lose someone you love so much it starts to take a toll. Sharing this with others is a step.

Jparks

• My little brother. A perfect human being.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2008, 03:30:20 PM »
The sad truth is, unless you have suffered this, people do not understand. "Get over it" seems to be the stance people take. I suggest letting your friends know exactly how it feels and if they cannot be understanding of that in the least, then maybe a change up of friends is in order. I was lucky in that my brother was born retarded and was a high special needs person. He was loved by everyone and my friends were all, and still are very understanding. I hope you find some peace through all of this.

jennings14

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2008, 08:15:45 PM »
I lost my only brother in February 05...I know the pain that you feel. There is not a day I do not think about him. I keep his picture in my room...along with the last e-mail he sent me before the accident. I have it printed out and keep it right by my favorite picture of me and him! I also keep a picture of him and my grandparents (who were also killed in the accident with him) in my car...so I always know they are watching over me. It is still hard even after a few years...but I try to keep all the good memories keeping me going! If you ever need to talk let me know!