Author Topic: My Brother, My Friend.  (Read 10920 times)

ray of light

• View Profile
My Brother, My Friend.
« on: June 05, 2008, 04:45:57 PM »
Last month my Brother passed away, and I am trying to make it day by day. I miss him so bad. His laugh, his smile, the way he joked all the time with you. Him and I had many talks over the years and he was never judgemental of anybody. He would always say" You have never walked in their shoes, so you can not judge" I have never in his 37years ever heard him say a bad word about anybody. And I get so mad because I can't understand why he is dead. He always went above and beyond the call of duty to help people. And I feel like this world has lost a bright light on this planet. I miss his voice and I am afraid I will not remember it after a while. And I really wish I could sit down and talk with him one last time, just to let him know how special I thought he was. Even when he didn't believe in himself, I believed in him. This past weekend are family took pictures and it did not feel right. There is one person missing.  I have learned somethings. I learned that you need  to tell people who are here, that you love them, and how wonderful they are to you. And that in the end the little stuff is just that. I am trying to cope day by day, and everynight I tell him I love him and I miss him. And I try to pass on the lessons that he taught me. Always be kind and never judge. And in some small way I am keeping his light lit.
Sorry for the long post.
Jules   

Kevins Sister

• View Profile
Re: My Brother, My Friend.
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2008, 06:22:37 PM »
He really was a shining star. I never ever heard him say one bad word, whenever I would say that person is crazy or something he would say, oh Ang they have a good heart. I am going to miss him. I too wish I could tell him what a special person he was and what a difference he made in my life and other people's life. Everyone loved Kev from the moment they met him, we loved him his whole life and I miss him too.

lostwithouthim

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2008, 09:46:15 AM »
Ray---
Kev's sister---

I know how you feel. I lost my big brother in Feb. of this year. He was my best friend but I never told him that. I told him every time I talked to him I loved him and my last words to him were I love you. We knew my brother's time here was short so we always made sure to say our I love you's.
My brother like yours never had a harsh word about anyone. He was full of love. I understand how you feel. Why is it the good have to leave us and it seems like the bad people never have anything bad happen to them? I don't know unless the good have fulfilled their life's mission on Earth and God is taking them home.

My brother use to tell me God is never early He is never late but He is always right on time.
He was certainly right on time for my brother.

Kevins Sister

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2008, 01:29:15 PM »
That is so funny that you say that because I had directed my sister (Ray) to this site and I posted something and then she posted something and she has said she was going to ask that question about all the good people getting taken away and all the bad people staying here but decide not to. So it's like you took the words right out of our mouths. we often keep saying that to each other. We will here something bad or see it on t.v. and say to each other, "And that person is here and Kev's gone?" I know what you mean and I see that we are on the same thinking patterns' why 2 good men have been taken from us and we are left here to deal with all thsi sadness and grief. Sorry for rambling. And as it was with you and your brother, my sister and I and my brother's have always said before we hang up or leave, "I Love You" The last time I saw Kev, 3 days before he passed away as usual when he was leaving  we kissed goodbye and said I  love you which me and my family members do each and everytime which I am thankful for now.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2008, 01:54:31 PM by Kevins Sister »

Kevins Sister

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2008, 01:32:39 PM »
And it is also strange lostwithouthim but my brother and I were also 6 six years apart like you and your brother I am 31 and he was 37.

lostwithouthim

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2008, 09:37:20 AM »
Kevin's sister and Ray of Light,

That question of why do the good have to die and the bad ones are left, is one that sticks out in my mind or rather stays on mind. Why?  ???
The only reason I can come up with , is they have fulfilled their purpose on this earth. I am a firm believer in God. I believe we are put here to serve God's purpose or rather we are predestined  that is a better way to put it. I think once we have done what we were put here to do. God takes us on home.
Why would He want to leave us in such a vile and hateful place . When He could have us back home in Heaven ? And lets face it compared to Heaven , Earth is a very vile and hateful place.

Please feel free to message me about your brother and tell me about him. There may be somethings you don't want to go into about him and things in his life. You don't want to go into here out of respect for your brother. I believe I may understand matter of fact I know I would.
My brother was a Pastor at one time and then some things happened and he backslid. He went through a rough time and did things he wished he had not of.Which may have contributed to his being paralyzed the last four years of his life. After the wreck he realized God was the only being he could fully rely on. The last 4 years of his life, I learned a lot by watching my brother's struggles in his life and how his faith carried him through it. He learned from his mistakes and so did I.
Please feel free to message me.   

kmart11

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2008, 10:22:10 PM »
To all suffering the same pain on this thread, I feel like I am reading my life in some of your words.  I lost my one & only brother (I have two other sisters) to a freak and unnecessary accident.  One that makes it so hard to explain how my brother, Eric, could have been taken.  I know I cannot say "someone else should have gone", but I think of all the good he represented and shared with everyone.  I will never be that person.  I can never be that strength (& nagging) to my two sisters.  I can never make my parents well with pride at his ridiculously amazing and surprising success.  He lived so hard: work hard, plan hard.  Everyone knew him by these words. 

Our ages are somewhat similar too: Eric's youngest sister in 6 years his junior; Eric is 3 years my junior and then our oldest sibling is one year older than me.

I am not that religious, but sometimes it helps to think the best are taken to remind the rest of us that life is short.  But how can I get back to making the most of life when I feel this heartache.

I love my brother.  I kiss his picture every time I enter/exit the house.  He smiles back at me with his dog, his true best friend.  I know I need to start doing things that my brother loved just to feel a connection that I can hold onto, but I still feel so weak.

Don't want to timeout so posting now.  I sound strong.  I am a bowl of jello.  Please keep words of strength coming.  I missed not having anough shared words with my brother these last 4 months he was overseas.  I love you Eric.  Lorenzo loves you and asks for you everyday.  We are taking carfe of Guinness, but no one can fill your shoes.

lostwithouthim

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2008, 08:27:52 AM »
It still seems so strange to have had my brother all my life and then for him to be gone. Poof just like that. They're gone and depending on  whether you believe in Heaven or not. Is whether or not your going to see them again. I myself am firm believer and I take comfort in that. I hope each of you do too. What would Heaven be for us without our brothers? Or other loved ones for that matter?

kevinjj

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2008, 09:15:54 AM »
On 9/1/1969 my kid brother was died from  a motorcycle accident. There are so few left to mourn him, I am so sad today, it was 5 months ago today my wife died. Dad and mom are gone, grandma, sister in law joyce, just me and one sister and one brother to remember that terrible day so long ago when Keith died. There is too much sadness sometimes, too much. We seem trapped by it at times, unable to feel anything else. I pray for a better next hour.