Author Topic: Happy Thanksgiving  (Read 3460 times)

LaVonne

• nospam
    • View Profile
Happy Thanksgiving
« on: November 21, 2015, 03:24:16 PM »
Just checking in. It has been a bad couple weeks . Know I care and love you all. Missing Jason and nobody cares. I use to think I could come here and always see A post about him on his birthday and ann.. I guess it has been 17years though and we all move on.  Went to the land Sunday on his day.  LaVonne

Terry

• Administrator
    • “Grief is like the ocean; it comes on waves ebbing and flowing. Sometimes the water is calm, and sometimes it is overwhelming. All we can do is learn to swim.” –Vicki Harrison
    • View Profile
Re: Happy Thanksgiving
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2015, 07:22:43 PM »
Hi LaVonne - Certainly do understand about this time of year as all of my children's dates are in the next 3 months. I always think of you and Jason. :love9:

We never move on after our children die. There isn't a day that goes by that they are not in my thoughts. They may not be in everyone's thoughts, but their in mine. I do understand.

I left you a private message.

Love you, :love9:
Terry 

« Last Edit: November 21, 2015, 07:32:17 PM by Terry »

barb0617

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2015, 08:02:11 PM »
Hi Lavonne- 17 years sounds like such a long time. For me, so hard to believe, 16 years since my Jimmy, 8 since my Tom left. Sounds like so many years but really time has a different meaning to those of us who have lost a child.

Adams Brokenhearted Mama

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2015, 10:41:34 AM »
Every holiday we go to Adam's grave. I couldn't bear to not be beside him as we would have been in life. Next Sept. it will be 10 years for us and I was thinking how can those many years have slipped by and then you mentioned 17. It truly is unfathomable that we live this long with our broken hearts. You hear of people dying because of broken hearts and yet we the living just are dying inside.
I am trying to make it a goal of mine to be happy in the current moment. I am so tried of being sad and being an observer to all around me. I don't know if that is at all possible but I hope it is.
However you all spent your Thanksgiving, alone, with others, I hope that at least in some small way that you were able to be mindful of the blessings that you do still have in life.
XO Love to all my sisters & brothers-in-grief XO
Wishing you all peaceful moments, signs from your Angels & many blessings