Author Topic: Bad Night Tonight  (Read 14495 times)

johnkmurray

• nospam
    • View Profile
Re: Bad Night Tonight
« Reply #15 on: May 15, 2011, 08:23:41 PM »
It wasn't easy, but it was so very worthwhile. The pipes seem to reach out to people in situations like this and really touch their souls. While I'm performing I can usually keep it together, but while I was waiting by the stage to lead the Luminaria they played Sarah McLauchlan's "I Will Remember You". Usually the sound of the pipes moves people to tears. This time it was the piper's turn. Well, mine weren't the only tears shed that night.

John

browneyedgirl

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 16, 2011, 09:19:45 AM »
(((John))))
Tony Repola 07/20/66 – 03/29/09
I know you are fishing in the oceans and streams of heaven

Lindapinda

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 30, 2011, 12:09:37 AM »
John
It's been quite sometime since I've posted anything but I was touced by your post. To be able to perform in public. My husbnad was a singer and I loved to hear him sing and play his gutair.  It will be three years on July 26th and I still Miss him but it does seem to be getting a little easier as time passes. I never thought it would. Keep up with your music and take care.
Lindapinda
Linda K. McGlenn

browneyedgirl

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 11, 2011, 04:23:26 PM »
John ~ how are you?

johnkmurray

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 18, 2011, 04:03:45 PM »
John ~ how are you?

Still getting by, more or less a day at a time. The bad days are becoming fewer and farther between, but they do sneak up on me sometimes.

Random thought: I've actually managed to take my wedding ring off ... then put it right back on again. I am starting to think that I'll be ready to move on the day I can take it off and put it away.

John

johnkmurray

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 18, 2011, 04:18:04 PM »
John
It's been quite sometime since I've posted anything but I was touced by your post. To be able to perform in public. My husbnad was a singer and I loved to hear him sing and play his gutair.  It will be three years on July 26th and I still Miss him but it does seem to be getting a little easier as time passes. I never thought it would. Keep up with your music and take care.
Lindapinda

Linda - My Kit was the talented musician of the two of us. When we first met she played several instruments (guitar, piano, flute, piccolo) and could sing like an angel. Me? Ha! I had played a little snare drum in high school, learned a few tunes on the tin whistle in university, and couldn't carry a tune in a bucket. With Kit's encouragement I learned to play the pipes, learned to read music, gained a basic understanding of music theory, and started learning to play fiddle. Of course by the time I learned this much Kit had added new instruments to her repertoire including harp and snare drum!

Music was very much a part of our lives together and since she's been gone music is both a great joy for me and a constant trigger of sadness for her loss.

John

browneyedgirl

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 02, 2011, 11:48:24 AM »
Hi John ~

Checking up on you.....let us know how you are doing.....

(((John))))

johnkmurray

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 24, 2011, 09:01:25 PM »
I'm still around ... like a bad penny I keep turning up. ;-)

Our wedding anniversary was August 14th and I spent it on a road trip up to Canada to see family. Kit had left a few things for my brother's kids so I took the opportunity to deliver those. It sure beat sitting at home feeling sorry for myself.

Kinda mixed feelings about the road trip. Kit and I took quite a few long trips by car in the years we were together so driving solo felt a little weird. I must have talked to her for at least the first few hours, at least until I was partway through Kentucky.  Still, good trip, got closure on a few things and had a chance to spend time with family. I also took my pipes with me and played at my parents graveside.

John

browneyedgirl

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 25, 2011, 08:56:53 AM »
I'm still around ... like a bad penny I keep turning up. ;-)

Our wedding anniversary was August 14th and I spent it on a road trip up to Canada to see family. Kit had left a few things for my brother's kids so I took the opportunity to deliver those. It sure beat sitting at home feeling sorry for myself.

Kinda mixed feelings about the road trip. Kit and I took quite a few long trips by car in the years we were together so driving solo felt a little weird. I must have talked to her for at least the first few hours, at least until I was partway through Kentucky.  Still, good trip, got closure on a few things and had a chance to spend time with family. I also took my pipes with me and played at my parents graveside.

John

((((John))))

My brothers often took road trip together when they would go fishing......my (living) brother talks to Tony while he drives alone all the time.....I know they can hear you.  In fact when my brother went to see a medium after Tony died, she even mentioned it.  :) 

I am glad you're doing okay.

Lots of love. 

pam

johnkmurray

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 02, 2011, 08:14:08 PM »
Pam,

Thanks for sharing that. I like to think Kit is watching and listening but some days I can't help but wish she'd give me some kind of sign that this is the case. At the same time there were a couple of times I thought she did ... it all gets confusing.

On a positive note, I asked a pretty gal out on a date today, and she accepted. Time I got back into the world I guess. ;-)

Regards,
John

Terry

• Administrator
    • “Grief is like the ocean; it comes on waves ebbing and flowing. Sometimes the water is calm, and sometimes it is overwhelming. All we can do is learn to swim.” –Vicki Harrison
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 02, 2011, 08:57:36 PM »
Pam,

Thanks for sharing that. I like to think Kit is watching and listening but some days I can't help but wish she'd give me some kind of sign that this is the case. At the same time there were a couple of times I thought she did ... it all gets confusing.

On a positive note, I asked a pretty gal out on a date today, and she accepted. Time I got back into the world I guess. ;-)

Regards,
John

I agree with Pam. Kit does see you. They are always with us. And, if you're finding happiness or even searching for it, I know Kit would approve. She loves you.

I'm happy for you, John! Keep us updated!

Love,
Terry

browneyedgirl

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 02, 2011, 09:35:09 PM »
Hi John......so nice to hear you asked a nice lady out.....let us know how it goes. And Terry is right, Kit would approve and is smiling upon you.

Lots of love

Pam