Author Topic: Board Changes - Please Read!  (Read 8996 times)

Terry

• Administrator
    • “Grief is like the ocean; it comes on waves ebbing and flowing. Sometimes the water is calm, and sometimes it is overwhelming. All we can do is learn to swim.” –Vicki Harrison
    • View Profile
Board Changes - Please Read!
« on: October 01, 2010, 08:00:03 PM »
This thread is open to all Webhealing board members!

Thank You to all who have responded regarding the different boards that you feel would better suit your grief and healing needs. It was important that we hear from you first before reaching this decision, as your comfort and safety is our main concern.

Starting next week, we will be adding three new boards to Webhealing; Spouse/Partner Loss, Mother/Father Loss and a board dedicated solely to Suicide. Regarding the Suicide board: we will be providing all members involved with information dedicated to ensuring a safe environment due to the sensitive nature of the content being shared.

In order to aid in creating these boards for our members, we would greatly appreciate any suggestions or ideas that you might have.

This thread will remain permanent for you to be able to continue to voice any concerns, feedback and suggestions on any of the boards. If you like the idea of the board changes but don't wish to post a response, a smiley will suffice! :) This would give us a thumbs up and would let us know that you are in agreement. Again, your comfort is our main concern.

Thank You so much for making Webhealing the warm and loving family that has been it's hallmark for over 15 years.

With Love & Respect,
Webhealing Staff

AC Mom

• nospam
    • View Profile
Re: Board Changes - Please Read!
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2010, 08:28:28 PM »
Terry,

I think the different boards are a great idea.  I particularly like the one for suicides.  I have a step nephew that completed suicide in 1997, and his Mom's journey is different than mine with AC.   So much alike in some ways, completely different in other ways.

Love and Hugs
Peggy

mousewife

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2010, 01:15:39 PM »
Terry,

Board changes are a good idea.  I do agree that spousal loss is usually somewhat different than parental loss, or child loss, or other losses.  So it seems like a good thing to have like with like.  But, I do feel that, for the most part, everyone has always been understanding and supportive no matter what type of loss we have experienced.

Thanks,
mousewife

Terry

• Administrator
    • “Grief is like the ocean; it comes on waves ebbing and flowing. Sometimes the water is calm, and sometimes it is overwhelming. All we can do is learn to swim.” –Vicki Harrison
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2010, 06:53:22 PM »
Hi Peggy,

I'm sorry to hear about your nephew. Please give his Momma a big hug from me. Let her know, also about the board changes.

I feel optimistic regarding the new boards coming soon and I also feel that everyone, in one way or another will be able to benefit. We all need to grow together and that growth takes many forms.

Thanks for your feedback!

((((( Peggy & AC )))))

Love,
Terry

Terry

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2010, 07:02:43 PM »
Hi mousewife,

I couldn't agree more that all losses are very unique. And, you're right regarding the support received on these boards. I've said it before and I'll say it again...You guys are awesome over here. You're all so open and discuss everything. Disagreeing, arguing different points and no one takes offense because your hearts are in the right place. It's out of love for one another.

I'm so proud to be a member of Webhealing and of course my forum, the child loss board. You are all, my "Other Family."

Thank You for all you continue to give.

Love,
Terry

johnkmurray

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2010, 10:40:50 AM »
Well, you DID say a smiley was sufficient feedback!

John

Terry

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2010, 11:07:34 AM »
Thanks, John!!

(((((((((((John)))))))))))