Author Topic: The Forums  (Read 9003 times)

Tom

• Administrator
    • apples are good and are good for you too
    • View Profile
    • Crisis, Grief and Healing
The Forums
« on: August 03, 2019, 01:54:25 PM »
It seems there is a greatly reduced amount of traffic on the support boards here at webhealing.  I wonder what the best approach might be in dealing with this?  One possibility would be to trim the boards down to one or two forums.  Another might be to simply turn things off.  I am curious what you think might be the best thing to do here.  If I don't hear any feedback I will take the action I think is best.

Tom
Tom's New EBook and paperback

Tom

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: The Forums
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2019, 03:53:21 PM »
It seems there is very little interest in the boards at this time.  If I don't hear from someone about this I will do what I think is best.

Blessings

Tom

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2019, 01:23:09 PM »
Given the present level of interest I am going to make all of the boards with the exception of the MAIN board read only.  That means you can read them but you can't post to them.  If there is little activity on the main board I will then make that board read only. 

Please respond here if you have comments.

Tom

LaVonne

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2019, 09:54:57 AM »
i am sorry I did not respond earlier but there was never anyone here. i love this board but the last year or more you would come on and nobody responded for a month or more so I only checked in once in a while. This board was my life and could always talk about my son. He has been gone almost 20yrs but I still like to talk about him. Most friends and family don't get it.  I will start checking on more if someone will be here. thanks so much  LaVonne Olson

Tom

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2019, 09:29:54 AM »
Hi Lavonne - Thanks for your feedback.  I think you are correct that the activity level here is far too low for the boards to carry out their mission.  I will likely be closing them soon.

barb0617

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2019, 06:47:11 PM »
Tom, I just want to express my appreciation for what you did here. I lost a son 20 years ago, and the child loss board, available 24/7, all those sleepless nights, enabled my survival. All those parents who knew what I was going through. I lost another son 8 years later. Thank you for this site. Not sure I could have survived without it.

Tom

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2019, 07:18:40 PM »
Thank you Barb, I appreciate the feedback.  What most don't know is that these were the first forums on the internet serving the bereaved. I started them in 1995 and they have been running since then.  Thousands of grieving folks have found their way here and it has been very fulfilling for me to watch the tremendous support that members here were able to give to each other. 

But it seems like the time to let things go and unless I hear a great deal of protests I will be turning things off.

Irene

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2019, 06:44:04 AM »
Hi,
   I will forever be grateful to this board which I found almost 15 years ago when my mother passed away suddenly. I was desperate for finding ways to just make it through each day(and often it felt from minute to minute). I've never found another forum that has been more helpful to me. I have just written about another issue in the hopes that I could gain some insight but I remain forever grateful for the help that I received when I was most in need. Thank you.

Tom

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2019, 09:12:22 AM »
Hi Irene -  good to hear from you and glad that you have had a good experience with the forums.  Sadly we are needing to turn things off so you may not be getting much of a response.  Tom