Author Topic: Devastation  (Read 3409 times)

Gabriella

• View Profile
Devastation
« on: June 05, 2019, 11:13:36 AM »
My boyfriend of nearly a year died two weeks ago due to a hemorrhagic stroke.  It was determined that cocaine caused his stroke.  He and I were planning to be married and he was taken from me so unexpectedly.  The hardest part to all of this is that I had no idea he was using cocaine.  He was obviously very good at hiding it- I guess it was easy for him since we didn't live together.  I am left with not only the grief of losing him, but the anger his deceit has brought out in me.  I feel like our whole relationship was based on a lie.  How do I even know he really loved me?  How do I know that his feelings were genuine after finding this out about him?  I hope there is someone out there who has gone through this because I need advice.  I will be seeing a counselor starting tomorrow, which will help, but I was only allowed to tell a few people about the cause of his death.  I want to tell everyone, but his kids don't want me to.  Please anyone who's willing to give me their two cents, I'd appreciate it..

Terry

• Administrator
    • “Grief is like the ocean; it comes on waves ebbing and flowing. Sometimes the water is calm, and sometimes it is overwhelming. All we can do is learn to swim.” –Vicki Harrison
    • View Profile
Re: Devastation
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2019, 09:08:56 AM »
((((Gabriella))))

I'm so sorry for the tragic and recent loss of your boyfriend. Welcome to Webhealing.

We're here for you.

With understanding,
Terry