Author Topic: lost my sister 2 months after lung cancer diagnosis  (Read 4631 times)

FXWalsh

• View Profile
lost my sister 2 months after lung cancer diagnosis
« on: May 04, 2019, 09:29:00 AM »
I just lost my sister Melanie, two months after her diagnosis from lung cancer. She had had radiation and keytruda and chemo and got pneumonia. The antibiotics didn't work and she passed away suddenly. I had hoped we were going to get to fight this, and yet she's gone. we were very close. I'm in the air flying to her funeral. she asked that i give the eulogy at her funeral. I think I'm in shock. I cry randomly. thank you for listening.

Terry

• Administrator
    • “Grief is like the ocean; it comes on waves ebbing and flowing. Sometimes the water is calm, and sometimes it is overwhelming. All we can do is learn to swim.” –Vicki Harrison
    • View Profile
Re: lost my sister 2 months after lung cancer diagnosis
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2019, 11:07:55 AM »
I'm so sorry for the sudden loss of your sister, Melanie. I can surely understand still being in shock.

Just know that we're here for you and when you feel up to, please tell us more about your sister.

Hugs & understanding,
Terry

ScottW

• nospam
  • This is a picture of my sister, Jori
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2019, 01:53:40 PM »
Terry, I hope that this message finds you well. Coming up on ELEVEN years since I lost my sister, Jori.  This site was a life saver for me . . . literally and figuratively.

Best,
Scott

Terry

• Administrator
    • “Grief is like the ocean; it comes on waves ebbing and flowing. Sometimes the water is calm, and sometimes it is overwhelming. All we can do is learn to swim.” –Vicki Harrison
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2019, 07:49:09 AM »
Hey Scott, :love9:

Thinking of you and Jori and knowing in my heart you are always missing her regardless of the time that has passed. This site for me, too was a lifesaver. The early hours of the morning found me typing to total strangers who showed me more compassion that those physically around me. I owe so much to the people on Webhealing.

Sending you hugs and lots of love,
Terry