Author Topic: Hope lives 5 years later  (Read 2407 times)

Pookiesguy

• nospam
    • View Profile
Hope lives 5 years later
« on: June 08, 2017, 02:01:11 PM »
I lost my Jeanne to cancer on March 14 2012. And while I can still see her face and hear her voice daily, I wanted to express my thanks to everyone on this forum who helped me through the long nights and drunken stupors that became my everyday in the months that followed. That was not my life before and I am happy to say that it's not my life now. The discussions of that tumultuous time helped me not only to vent my pain, but to encourage me to get back to God and my roots. Make no mistake, I was never the best Christian by any standards, then or now,  but it is true that when you knock, he will open the door. While Jeanne is always on my heart, I can happily say that with the help of this forum I did get back to life. I've since remarried to a very understanding woman who accepts my past as part of me and found happiness again. Just wanted to say thanks and there is hope... love to all!

Terry

• Administrator
    • “Grief is like the ocean; it comes on waves ebbing and flowing. Sometimes the water is calm, and sometimes it is overwhelming. All we can do is learn to swim.” –Vicki Harrison
    • View Profile
Re: Hope lives 5 years later
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2017, 04:24:00 PM »
Mark,

Thanks so much for the update on how you've been doing. Sure do appreciate it.

Wishing you continued happiness and peace. :icon_flower:

Love,
Terry