Author Topic: where is everyone..memorial day  (Read 3501 times)

Lacemaker

• View Profile
where is everyone..memorial day
« on: May 29, 2017, 08:10:13 PM »
I really thought this would be a group to help. But seems like hardly anyone is ever on here. Maybe its just where I am at. I do want to say thanks to the couple of people who have responded to me. I guess today was especially another hard day and thought others might be on here today. Hope all is doing better. Have a good week everyone.

JustMark

• View Profile
Re: where is everyone..memorial day
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2017, 10:36:02 PM »
Hi Lacemaker, this last week has been a busy week for me is all. I was coming on here and there and didn't see anyone post anything to respond to and I hadn't thought or experienced anything that would have made an interesting post. I already know next month will have a few dates rough for me. For me memorial day is always a quiet and a solemn occasion. My mother and I went to my father's grave today and they were still putting out the last of the flags on the graves in some of the areas. My dad rests in Crownsville veterans cemetery in Maryland. I spent time talking to him and my mom. Gina didn't meet my father while she was here so I told my dad to keep an eye out for her. I also told my mom and dad about Gina's brother named Harold while we were there. Harold was a paramedic in Vietnam and rests in a vet cemetery in NJ. I also take this day to contact some of the guys I served with and we talk about others that didn't make it home we knew. We also update each other to those from our old units that moved on. I also hit the VA hospital for those that are in and any new vets I give them my number if they need someone to talk to. For some it is hard to readjust back to civilian life. Some of them never really do. Anyway that was my day today. To any of my fellow vets reading this thank you for your service and any vet family members reading this thank you for your support.   

laurenE

• nospam
    • View Profile
Re: where is everyone..memorial day
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2017, 06:25:16 PM »
try posting on webhealing face book page and see if anyone answers.  This place doesn't have the crowd that it used to before fb.