Author Topic: Loss of my Dad  (Read 3408 times)

llewis

• View Profile
Loss of my Dad
« on: February 23, 2017, 07:31:02 PM »
This is new to me so I hope I'm doing this right. I lost my Dad on October of 2015. It's so hard for me to enjoy life anymore. My Dad was my best friend. I don't know why I'm feeling this way,every time I think of him or see a pic of him I just cry. So that's why I'm searching for answers. Is this normal, and how do I go on with my life and not feel so sad? Life is so hard without him. My mom has moved on and I kinda resent her for it. Idk how to feel anymore.? Any advice would be appreciated.

Terry

• Administrator
    • “Grief is like the ocean; it comes on waves ebbing and flowing. Sometimes the water is calm, and sometimes it is overwhelming. All we can do is learn to swim.” –Vicki Harrison
    • View Profile
Re: Loss of my Dad
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2017, 11:59:13 AM »

(((((llewis)))))

I'm so sorry for the loss of your precious Dad. I understand the pain, the sadness. It's difficult as death is so final and we're left with the memories. Especially since you two were so close. I do think it's normal to feel the sadness. How can we not, when someone who has meant the world to us is no longer physically with us. Our brain knows it's true but it takes quite awhile for our hearts to catch up to that truth.

Not sure I have any advice, I only know that we all grieve differently. Some of us longer than others. There's really no right or wrong way to grieve and there's no time limit.

Welcome to Webhealing. There are others here who are grieving the loss of their parent, also. We find comfort when sharing our pain with others.

Let me know how you're doing.

Sending you a big hug and my love,
Terry

JustMark

• View Profile
Re: Loss of my Dad
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2017, 08:58:32 PM »
Hi Lewis, I've only been here a couple of days but I came into this section instead of the section for spousal loss because I too was close to my dad and we lost him in 2001. I'm sorry for your loss. It also took me a while to deal with my dad's loss. I was the same way too. It seemed like everywhere I looked, a tool I would pick up to work with or maybe help my mom repairing something in her home would seem to trigger a memory and quite often I'd cry too. I was the official dad's helper growing up so a lot of things that got remodeled, built, or repaired was done with me helping him. So everything in my mom and dad's house was a special memory for me. The first couple of holidays were very rough for me and my brothers. Any way next time you come on here drop me a line. I would really like to hear about you and your dad because dad's are special people. At least in my case every time I thought I messed up a project he would tell me "don't worry about it we can still make work and it'll look good" .