Author Topic: Lost my babygirl and can't cope  (Read 4212 times)

Mommyofangelshayla

• Mommy of an angel Shayla Kay
    • View Profile
Lost my babygirl and can't cope
« on: August 24, 2016, 03:43:24 PM »
Gave birth to a beautiful babygirl on august 3 2016 the only problem was she was born stillborn. I feel lost everytime i try to talk to her dad about her or even just my family they act like she never existed. How have other parents dealt with this.

Terry

• Administrator
    • “Grief is like the ocean; it comes on waves ebbing and flowing. Sometimes the water is calm, and sometimes it is overwhelming. All we can do is learn to swim.” –Vicki Harrison
    • View Profile
Re: Lost my babygirl and can't cope
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2016, 10:01:38 AM »
((((((Mommyofangelshayla))))))

I'm so sorry to read of the death of your angel, Shayla. My baby, Sal lived just days after he was born. He died in my arms. Others who haven't experienced this great loss cannot understand the depth of your pain. I also went through hearing the same cliches over and over again. *You have other children* and *at least you didn't have years of memories;*I could go on, just know I understand.

Welcome to Webhealing. You're not alone. :love9:

Love & hugs,
Terry

barb0617

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2016, 05:08:23 PM »
My first pregnancy ended in miscarriage at 11weeks. A mother knows her child from the moment of conception. You knew your daughter and dreamed your dreams for her from the day you knew she existed. No one can take away her existence and who she is to you. Those who seem to do that either lack the capacity to empathize or they love you so much that they want you to be free from pain, to be ok, to be who you were before this tragedy. The parents here, we know what it is to suffer the loss of a child, whether at 11 weeks gestation or stillborn or 21 yrs old or 31 yrs old or whatever. Your loss is real. Your pain is real. As time goes by, it won't hurt so very very much. Know that I care.

Mommyofangelshayla

• Mommy of an angel Shayla Kay
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2016, 11:08:24 PM »
I want to thank you guys so much for your wonderful words. Im trying so hard to be my old self but everything just starts coming back when my brother brings his babies around me duke get me wrong i love then but I'm nor ready to be around kids. Being told i would never have kids since i was 18 then finding or i was expecting was the best feeling ever. My sundries tell me it was because I'm a type 1 diabetic but i also found out they could have saved her If only they would have induced me a week prior. Im so sorry to hear about yalls losses to. No matter how old you're baby is a loss is a loss, it's never easy. My daughter was my first baby so i haven't been told you have more kids but I'm always getting tools at least you know you can have more or there's a reason for everything, then said that just make me feel worse.

Terry

• Administrator
    • “Grief is like the ocean; it comes on waves ebbing and flowing. Sometimes the water is calm, and sometimes it is overwhelming. All we can do is learn to swim.” –Vicki Harrison
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2016, 07:00:22 PM »
We're always here for you when you want to share. You'll never be alone in your grief. :love9:

Sending you a big hug and lots of love.

((((((((Shayla's Momma)))))))

Adams Brokenhearted Mama

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2016, 11:55:24 AM »
As I'm sitting here teary eyed & about to post, I read your post. If your family & friends don't want to talk about your baby and your feelings please find a therapist and a group. I've done grief therapy and I can truly say that it helps.
Time is a friend to a grieving parent. The pain never goes away however, for me, it has softened the raw & rough edges for me, most of the time.
Sending you healing thoughts, hugs and prayers,
Adam's Mama Paula
XO Love to all my sisters & brothers-in-grief XO
Wishing you all peaceful moments, signs from your Angels & many blessings