Author Topic: My name is Tracey  (Read 2483 times)

TraceyAnn

• View Profile
My name is Tracey
« on: August 21, 2016, 03:07:57 PM »
Hi everyone.  I've been lurking here for about a month and was struggling whether to register or not, but here I am.  This is just another step towards accepting loss in my life.  I'll try my best to keep this short.
Within 18 months I lost my mother unexpectedly.  It was the most devastating moments of my life.  Six months later, my best friend of 26 years passed away after a long battle with breast cancer.  Through it all my husband of 17 years, Stephen, took care of me physically and emotionally until I was back to functioning again.  He saved me.
On December 8, 2015 he was diagnosed with esophageal cancer.  He passed away June 17, 2016.
I'm now alone.  Just like that I lost my everything.  My mom, best friend and the love of my life...gone.
Stephen was 51 and I was 44.  We had no children together.  We just bought our first home and we had so many plans for our future.  After 17 years, We were still in love and the happiest we've ever been in our lives.  Now he's gone.
It's nightmare I can't wake up from.  I've been constantly grieving for months now it's become a routine. 
I have nothing more to say right now except,  I'm sorry for everyone's loss and my heart goes out to you.  I hope we can find some sort of comfort here knowing that we can support one another by knowing we're not grieving alone.
Tracey <3

Terry

• Administrator
    • “Grief is like the ocean; it comes on waves ebbing and flowing. Sometimes the water is calm, and sometimes it is overwhelming. All we can do is learn to swim.” –Vicki Harrison
    • View Profile
Re: My name is Tracey
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2016, 08:43:03 AM »

Hi Tracey,

I'm sorry to read of the tragic deaths of your husband, Stephen and your precious Mom. You're right that you're not alone. We understand loss here and the long journey to finding our way again.

Take special care of yourself at this time by eating healthy snacks, drinking plenty of water, resting even if you are unable to sleep and going for walks everyday. Grief can and does zap our immune systems so the above simple suggestions could be lifesaving.

Welcome to Webhealing.

Hugs, :love9:
Terr
y

TraceyAnn

• View Profile
Re: My name is Tracey
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2016, 11:47:07 PM »
Thank you, Terry.