Author Topic: Recently Lost My Dad  (Read 3076 times)

KatieC

• View Profile
Recently Lost My Dad
« on: June 08, 2016, 07:40:50 PM »
I am 25 years old and in March 2016 my world came to a crashing stop.  Literally.  My dad, who was 57 years old, was traveling to work, in Amish country, and got into a car accident and died.  The last 2 months have been a whirlwind of things going on.  My mom is only 46.  I have a younger brother at 22.  My dad was the bread winner of the family.  With his passing, there has been a lot of change that has to occur.  We haven't paid off our house so now we have to move because we cannot afford it.  We have to watch our money, which I'm not use to.  I worked 2 jobs and go to school full time.  I use to be a work/school-a-holic.  Now I have motivation for nothing. Nothing but helping my mom and fixing the house to sell.  People tell me that I have to start living my life not my mom's or the houses but it is easier said than done.  One little thing sends me into a tear fest.  So I have to participate in an online support group for school and thought this could be beneficial for not only myself but my schooling.  This is my first time ever participating in anything like this and I'm very nervous and am scared with what emotions and such will come out of it.

Doug1222

• nospam
  • Keep on keeping on.
    • View Profile
Re: Recently Lost My Dad
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2016, 08:53:15 AM »
You're in the right place. As you're comfortable, share with us. It helps. You're safe here. It's good that you found it so soon.

I lost my dad in an accident when he was 57 in 2000. I also lost my brother in an accident when he was 22 in 1995. I was a wreck when I came here, but talking here helps. I nearly had a breakdown and didn't even know why. I didn't end up here until 2012. I'd never dealt with the grief over losing them. Don't listen to people. They don't understand. You JUST lost your dad. When my dad died, I helped my mom for probably a year. They had two places...a farm down in my part of the state with horses and the house I grew up in about two hours away in town. They lived in town. My dad died very unexpectedly in February. I took care of the farm for months while she figured out what she was going to do. She ended up selling the house up there and moving down here in the fall. Don't listen to people.

Sorry to meet you this way, but I'm glad you found your way here.