Author Topic: Eight Months  (Read 3736 times)

wally49er

• View Profile
Eight Months
« on: June 01, 2016, 01:59:25 PM »
. It will be eight months this month of June, since my wif, Cathy passed.  It seems to get harder as time passes, not easier.  I miss her more each day.  Maybe it's especially hard since I'm having to deal with this illness without her.  I go for surgery July 5 to remove the cancerous kidney.  I understand there is no other sign of cancer.  Just get the kidney out.  My brother has only one kidney.  Many people have only one kidney.  My sister will be here for support and I have three brothers.  I have mixed feelings about Cathy not being here.  I know she would be scared to death at the thought of losing me.  I'm not scared.  Thank you for your support.  Wally

Terry

• Administrator
    • “Grief is like the ocean; it comes on waves ebbing and flowing. Sometimes the water is calm, and sometimes it is overwhelming. All we can do is learn to swim.” –Vicki Harrison
    • View Profile
Re: Eight Months
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2016, 10:13:14 AM »
. It will be eight months this month of June, since my wif, Cathy passed.  It seems to get harder as time passes, not easier.  I miss her more each day.  Maybe it's especially hard since I'm having to deal with this illness without her.  I go for surgery July 5 to remove the cancerous kidney.  I understand there is no other sign of cancer.  Just get the kidney out.  My brother has only one kidney.  Many people have only one kidney.  My sister will be here for support and I have three brothers.  I have mixed feelings about Cathy not being here.  I know she would be scared to death at the thought of losing me.  I'm not scared.  Thank you for your support.  Wally

Sure do understand the intense missing and as you shared especially going through an illness/surgery and she is not physically with you as she would have been.

I'm holding you close and sending lots of positive energy your way for your upcoming surgery. I know in my heart that you will be fine.

Just wanted you to know that I'm thinking of you and you have my support in every way.

((((((((Wally))))))))

Love,
Terry

LauraN

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2016, 06:24:57 PM »
Hi Wally,

That has got to be so hard. Going through a surgery,and not having the support of your beloved wife.
Good luck and I will say a prayer for you. I don't have cancer of the kidney,but do have kidney disease. Hopefully,the operation will be the start of a new life without that cancer to be concerned about. I lost my husband to cancer two months ago,and I hate that disease!

wally49er

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2016, 03:29:13 PM »
Made it through surgery okay.  Am now minus one kidney.  I missed my wife, Cathy, a lot.  I did have support from family and church members.  Lately I've missed Cathy a lot.  I don't know, but maybe It's the surgery.  I'm doing well.  Thanks for the support.  Wally

Terry

• Administrator
    • “Grief is like the ocean; it comes on waves ebbing and flowing. Sometimes the water is calm, and sometimes it is overwhelming. All we can do is learn to swim.” –Vicki Harrison
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2016, 04:20:16 PM »
Hi Wally,

So happy that all went well. Thanks for letting us know. I know you missed Cathy. :love9:

I left a message for you while you were gone. http://webhealing.com/forums/index.php?topic=9767

Good to have you back.

Love,
Terry