Author Topic: Just lost my husband at 54. New to this group.  (Read 2364 times)

Cosmos3333

• View Profile
Just lost my husband at 54. New to this group.
« on: May 30, 2016, 04:05:14 PM »
Hi, I lost my husband three weeks ago to cancer just three months after his being diagnosed. We were deeply in love and I am struggling very much being back in our home after returning from living in the hospital and hospice with him. I miss his physical presence and don't know how I will get through the grief. Thanks.

Terry

• Administrator
    • “Grief is like the ocean; it comes on waves ebbing and flowing. Sometimes the water is calm, and sometimes it is overwhelming. All we can do is learn to swim.” –Vicki Harrison
    • View Profile
Re: Just lost my husband at 54. New to this group.
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2016, 12:27:56 PM »

Hi Cosmos,

I'm sorry for the recent loss of your precious husband. Welcome to Webhealing. There is a lot of support on these boards and when the members see your message I'm sure they will offer comfort and understanding as they are going through the same.
This is a long journey. It takes time and patience with ourselves. The pain is the price of losing our loved one's physical presence though love never dies.
Take your time and only do what you feel you are capable of. There is no rush to get anything done right now. This is the time to take care of you.

We're here for you.

Love,
Terry