Author Topic: My sister was murdered  (Read 3653 times)

Livingwithalotofpain

• View Profile
My sister was murdered
« on: February 06, 2016, 03:27:30 PM »
My sister was murdered when she was 6 months old on August 21,1977. By her father he was sentenced to life but for good behavior he was out in 3 years to start a new life. My sister never had a chance to live her life because he took that from her my mom covered for him. And tried blaming my 2 year old sister she would be 39 this year and I am very angry at the people who took her life can anyone help me with this so I am not mad or hateful towards them anymore.

Terry

• Administrator
    • “Grief is like the ocean; it comes on waves ebbing and flowing. Sometimes the water is calm, and sometimes it is overwhelming. All we can do is learn to swim.” –Vicki Harrison
    • View Profile
Re: My sister was murdered
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2016, 03:30:40 PM »
I'm sorry for your loss and your pain. Keep sharing your story. It helps to get your feelings out and everytime we tell our story it seems to lighten our hearts.

Regarding your anger and the hateful feelings towards those reponsible for your sister's death; ask yourself if this anger is healthy for you because a lot of the time it is not. It can end up causing diseases/illnesses and also emotional problems, leaving us unable to form healthy relationships. It's all up to you how you want to honor your sister, though her life was very short here on earth....she lived.

Sending hugs,
Terry