Author Topic: I lost my mom on Friday, May 13.  (Read 1328 times)

Chellencheez

• View Profile
I lost my mom on Friday, May 13.
« on: May 16, 2016, 05:16:03 PM »
I just lost my mother on Friday. She had been in the hospital since Monday with a blood infection. She was in bad shape with her heart and dialysis. When I went to see her on Mother's Day, she was too weak to stand, her knee swollen, and was leaking fluid out of her pores. None of us had any idea how bad it was, and can't believe it was bad enough to kill her. My dad stayed by her side 24/7, and my brother and I were there a lot, including when she passed. We are all beyond devastated. I've had so many thoughts, I feel like I'm losing my mind.

GracieMae

• View Profile
Re: I lost my mom on Friday, May 13.
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2016, 08:44:42 AM »
I get it.  I lost my mother Feb 20 and thought I would go crazy as well.  You aren't crazy.  It's one day, one hour, and one minute at a time.  It's hard, I know.

Terry

• Administrator
    • “Grief is like the ocean; it comes on waves ebbing and flowing. Sometimes the water is calm, and sometimes it is overwhelming. All we can do is learn to swim.” –Vicki Harrison
    • View Profile
Re: I lost my mom on Friday, May 13.
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2016, 03:29:10 PM »

Chellencheez,

I'm so sorry for the recent death of your precious Mom. Welcome to Webhealing.

Tell us more about your Mom when you feel up to it and take care of yourself right now. Resting if you can't sleep, staying hydrated and eating healthy foods. Try to get out in the sunshine and walk every day. It helps.

Sending hugs,
Terry