Author Topic: The journey continues  (Read 8588 times)

RobinBlue

• nospam
    • View Profile
Re: The journey continues
« Reply #15 on: March 08, 2016, 02:52:05 PM »
Our last Valentine's Day together, three days before he died, was the most touching and moving and it makes me cry to think about it now. We were watching TV, and he reached across the end table and took my hand in his, apologized that he hadn't had a chance to get me anything for VD...and then he asked me to be his Valentine. It was everything I could to keep from bursting out, bawling. Instead, the tears just slipped from my eyes as I promised him I would always be in his Valentine. And he held my hand so tight...and I just never wanted to let it go.

I can be changed by what happens to me but I refuse to be reduced by it - Maya Angelou.

wally49er

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 15, 2016, 12:58:23 PM »
I miss Cathy so much.  I do think the initial shock is wearing off and it's beginning to sink in that she's gone for good and I'm never going to see her again.  I'm like a ship withou a rudder.  I'm lost in a dark wood.  Sometimes I wander around the house not knowing what to do.  It's too quiet.  It's especially bad on a rainy, drizzly day.  Thanks for listening.  I guess I'll go find something to do.

RobinBlue

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 15, 2016, 07:28:33 PM »
I understand it when you say the house is too quiet. I remember, when my father died, my mother had the TV on 24/7. Although I miss watching TV in the evenings with Tom, TV really wasn't my bag. So I had music going 24/7 instead...instrumentals...because, in the beginning, the words would just send me spiraling all over again. We have a beautiful back porch and it acts like a breezeway. I love windchimes. Tom couldn't stand them, especially when he was trying to sleep at night. So our compromise was that I could have the windchimes but they had to be at the opposite end of the property. Um, to alleviate the "too quiet" situation, I moved all the windchimes to the back porch and I have since added. And, for the most part, I keep the windows open when I can and the sound of the birds and the wind in the pines carry me through that silence.
I can be changed by what happens to me but I refuse to be reduced by it - Maya Angelou.