Author Topic: Mother passing  (Read 2810 times)

Megan71

• View Profile
Mother passing
« on: December 26, 2015, 07:52:07 PM »
Hi. I am new to this group but just trying to find ways to cope. My mother died very suddenly & unexpectedly Dec 7, two years and 1 day to the passing of my oldest brother who was 44. My two siblings & I are still in a state of shock. The holidays have been horrible the last two years but Christmas this year just sucked as my mom wasn't hear with us. I'm trying to keep it together for my but it's not working so well.

Terry

• Administrator
    • “Grief is like the ocean; it comes on waves ebbing and flowing. Sometimes the water is calm, and sometimes it is overwhelming. All we can do is learn to swim.” –Vicki Harrison
    • View Profile
Re: Mother passing
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2015, 01:05:34 PM »

Hi Megan,

Welcome to Webhealing. I'm so sorry that your precious Mom died, also sorry to read of the death of your brother. Yes, the holidays are difficult and never the same. It's understandable that you're still in shock. It's so recent, your pain still so new, so raw.
We love for a lifetime and the finality of death is stinging - it takes a lot of time to work through your grief.

Try as best you can to take care of yourself at this time; resting if you can't sleep, eating healthy, drinking plenty of water and excercising. Walking is good for the soul.
We have a lot of members who recently are dealing with the death of one of their parents. We have a chat room, too. When you find the time, all of those posts are on this board. I'm sure you can relate to what they are sharing.

Sending you big hugs,
Terry