Author Topic: Can't get past  (Read 2760 times)

lglucius

• View Profile
Can't get past
« on: December 09, 2015, 08:55:57 AM »
I'm new to this forum.  My dad (age 79) passed away on September 2, 2015 (14 weeks ago today).   I am 45 years old and do not have any brothers or sisters.  My mom and I are just not as close as a mother/daughter should be.   

I am just not able to get past daddy's death.   He is still all I think about.   I can barely function in my day to day activities.  I do work outside the home, but I've not been very productive.   I am seeing a grief counselor that is offered through Hospice.   I have seen my doctor.   I have started having anxiety attacks now.   I am barely hanging on by a thread.

~ Lori

Terry

• Administrator
    • “Grief is like the ocean; it comes on waves ebbing and flowing. Sometimes the water is calm, and sometimes it is overwhelming. All we can do is learn to swim.” –Vicki Harrison
    • View Profile
Re: Can't get past
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2015, 10:01:00 AM »
Hi Lori,

I'm sorry that your precious father died. Welcome to Webhealing.

He is still all I think about.   I can barely function in my day to day activities.  I do work outside the home, but I've not been very productive.   I am seeing a grief counselor that is offered through Hospice.   I have seen my doctor.   I have started having anxiety attacks now.   I am barely hanging on by a thread.

Your Dad just died, sweetie very recently. There is a grieving process and even afterward the missing never stops. We love for a lifetime so returning to *normal* after such a short period of time is just not possibe.

Try to take one day at a time and feel what you need to. Cry if you need to. Scream, yell if you're angry but get those feelings out. And, of course post your feelings here as we all do. It's healthy and there are no judgements here....just love and understanding.

As you can see by page one and page two on this board, lots of losses in the past year. It would be nice to see others supporting one another. This is the time we need people the most.

Love, :love9:
Terry