Author Topic: Plans for Thanksgiving?  (Read 2984 times)

Terry

• Administrator
    • “Grief is like the ocean; it comes on waves ebbing and flowing. Sometimes the water is calm, and sometimes it is overwhelming. All we can do is learn to swim.” –Vicki Harrison
    • View Profile
Plans for Thanksgiving?
« on: November 09, 2015, 03:33:10 PM »
How is everyone doing with the first holiday nearing? Any plans for turkey day?:occasion17:

http://webhealing.com/forums/index.php?topic=9631.0

Adams Brokenhearted Mama

• View Profile
Re: Plans for Thanksgiving?
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2015, 03:44:38 PM »
The 1st Thanksgiving day that was hard for me was in 1997 after my Dad had passed. Now that Adam is gone since 2006 and various other close relatives before/after I try to host Thanksgiving as a way of counting my blessings and being mindful that life is fluid and changes.
For everyone here on the board I hope that you can find a way to keep the spirit of Thanksgiving alive in your hearts and in your plans.
XO Love to all my sisters & brothers-in-grief XO
Wishing you all peaceful moments, signs from your Angels & many blessings

SarahW

• nospam
  • The moment a child is born,the mother is also born
    • View Profile
Re: Plans for Thanksgiving?
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2015, 01:14:38 AM »
Having a lot of people over for T-day, including my mother-in-law, who just turned 89!  I know I've mentioned before that she is the one person who really understands what it was for me to lose Vince.  She had lost her son (my husband) when he was young, and then of course, she lost her grandson.  She's always up for talking about Vince and truly knows how I feel. I will be glad to see her - I need to treasure these coming years with her.  She is in fairly good health for her age but time passes so quickly.

I expect to have a good Thanksgiving.  Vince's birthday was not long after the holiday season, so I always think a lot about him -- that is hard, but it is more good than hard.  I like to feel close to him and keep him on my mind.

All my best wishes to you, ladies, for a good Thanksgiving -- will find some time to think of you during that day.
I love thee to the level of every day's Most quiet need, by sun and candle-light. -- Emily Dickinson

You were a gift