Author Topic: Death of my husband  (Read 4566 times)

sdaniels

• View Profile
Death of my husband
« on: May 09, 2015, 10:03:47 AM »
My husband passed away on April 13, 2015 and I am so lost does anyone know what to do to help me?

Terry

• Administrator
    • “Grief is like the ocean; it comes on waves ebbing and flowing. Sometimes the water is calm, and sometimes it is overwhelming. All we can do is learn to swim.” –Vicki Harrison
    • View Profile
Re: Death of my husband
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2015, 10:52:35 AM »

(((((sdaniels))))) :love9:

I'm so sorry for the great loss of your precious husband. Welcome to Webhealing where I know you will find the support you need while grieving.
Please post on the Spouse Loss board as that is specifically for loss of spouse or significant other. I just now saw your post so I'm sorry you're just now getting a response.

Know we care.

I look forward to hearing more about your husband.

Love and hugs,
Terry

MyLou

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2015, 04:52:40 AM »
(SDaniels)

I am so sorry for the loss of your husband. I am sorry but this is a hard journey.  Everything is dark right now for you but in time you will see light.  Everyone griefs different. I am going on 4 1/2 years.  I still have bad days but not like the first couple of years. I talk to Lou all the time and get signs from him.  He will always be with me.  Your husband is with you too.

Take one second, minute , day at a time.  If you can't sleep make sure you rest. Drink plenty of water, snack if you can't eat.

I still journal to this day.  You can journal, see a grief group.  You need to see what is best for you.

Come here anytime to post we are all family.

Always,

Lisa
"Soulmates Forever"

I miss you every second of everyday My Love

I know I will see you again

funlearningmother

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2015, 09:47:45 AM »
((SDaniels))

Lisa is right. This is a hard journey and a painful journey and you need to do what is best for you. It will take a long time to feel better about things more then worse about things. Keeping yourself busy doing things helps. Find something that will keep you going and do it.

Rest, water and food are important, especially water to prevent dehydration when you are crying lots. You could take a bath and relax, go for a walk, play with kids, kids are great for taking your mind off things and they understand pain with an innocence that can be helpful, same with animals. Journaling and talking to people who, for the most part, understand are helpful things to do.

Take some time to yourself and just be wherever you need to be. I found many times that I was overwhelmed and just needed to get away from people. They were too noisy and happy when my life had fallen apart and most of them didn't understand what I was going through.
I handle things differently then everyone else and so even people who have lost a loved one don't always understand how I feel or how I  handle loss in a way that's best for me.

Hugs and love,
Shelby

Janka

• My beloved Jan-a.d. 11/11/11
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2015, 04:28:44 PM »
SDaniels,

I´m very sorry for your loss!

Hugs from Janka
​I always kiss you from the heart,my endless love,
you know how much I love you,also stars above,
you will always be my dearest and only one,
I can not wait to be with you,my beloved Jan.

Janka

arthur

• nospam
  • ((Maureen))
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2015, 08:40:17 PM »
Hi SDaniels.. I am so sorry for your loss.  You have come to the right place for support on the web.  All of us here have lost their spouse/significant other and know what you are going through.  Having said that I am sure you are painfully aware that the kind of pain you are going through cannot be gotten rid of but has to be gone through.  Only you will know which works best for you.  All I can give is a few words of advice.  Dont  make any major decisions if you can avoid it right now.  Your loss is too recent and you need to heal before you can tackle any major life decisions. Forget the future just now  and live only for the next day, the next hour, the next few minutes. Also make sure that you have someone to talk to or some way to express yourself and make sure that you are not alone if possible right now.  Make sure you get that grief out of yourself and do whatever it takes to do that...crying, writing , exercising, talking, etc. don't let that grief get penned up inside of you!! When you are ready I would suggest joining a grief group.. It may be scary baring your inner soul to strangers but it is very healing...at least I found it so. I guess the important thing is to deal with your grief as the real psychological and physiological wound it is and not let it go unattended.  Take care and Godspeed in your healing arthur
Arthur

Terry

• Administrator
    • “Grief is like the ocean; it comes on waves ebbing and flowing. Sometimes the water is calm, and sometimes it is overwhelming. All we can do is learn to swim.” –Vicki Harrison
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2015, 10:40:52 PM »
(((SDaniels)))) :love9:

Thinking of you tonight and hope you are doing OK. Please post when you find the time and let us know how you're doing.

You're not alone, though I know early on it can feel that way. We're always here for you, with love and understanding. :love9:

Love,
Terry

Janka

• My beloved Jan-a.d. 11/11/11
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2015, 02:41:12 PM »
SDaniels,

I hope you get back soon for letting us know how you´re doing now.
Please,write us whenever you feel up to it.
Hug you from the heart!

With love Janka
​I always kiss you from the heart,my endless love,
you know how much I love you,also stars above,
you will always be my dearest and only one,
I can not wait to be with you,my beloved Jan.

Janka