Author Topic: Morning  (Read 3160 times)

AC Mom

• nospam
    • View Profile
Morning
« on: March 05, 2015, 04:09:32 AM »
Its been a while sense I have posted here, but felt the need to update all of you on whats going on with me.  On February 24th, I woke up with my shoulders hurting bad, put it off to too much game playing on tablet the past few days.  About 3 in the afternoon, I suddenly got dizzy and broke out in a sweat.  Having a family history of heart disease, I knew the sweating wasn't good.  So, I dialed 911, 20 minutes later I was being life flighted  out of my front yard.  I had had a major heart attack.  No typical heart attack symptoms, Ladies pay attention to your bodies, women normally do not have the typical symptoms.  If something isn't "right", call 911, doctors would much rather treat you for indigestion, pulled muscle or a panic attack, other than pronouncing you dead with a heart attack.  Cardio that did the stint placement, (right artery was 100% blocked), said another few minutes and I wouldn't be here.

I have had some close friends ask me if I saw AC.  No, I didn't, can't even say I felt him around me.  But, I am okay with that, had a friend that is very intuitive tell me, that he felt AC wasn't there because AC knew his Momma had everything under control.  When I was in the ambulance in my driveway, my vitals were way down, how I was awake and lucid, I have no idea.  My first thought when EMT's gave my vitals to life flight was, "So, this is how it ends".  A very calm feeling, no anxiety, no panic, just that thought.

I am well on my way to complete recovery.  Going to wonder for a while, why I am still here and my purpose for being here.

Love and Hugs
Peggy

Terry

• Administrator
    • “Grief is like the ocean; it comes on waves ebbing and flowing. Sometimes the water is calm, and sometimes it is overwhelming. All we can do is learn to swim.” –Vicki Harrison
    • View Profile
Re: Morning
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2015, 06:10:10 PM »

Oh Peg!!! Thank God you're alright. And smart, too to dial 911 and not second guess your symptoms. It saved your life.

I remember watching Rosie O'Donnell's stand up and she said never forget HEPPP. She had a blockage, 100% in left and waited 50 hours and to date she is the only person to survive this ordeal, due to the time lapse. I remembered what she said about the symptoms.
H - Hotter than you've ever been, even when going through menopause
E - Exhausted...and more tired than you've ever been
P - Pain, and for women it can be anywhere. Face, chin, shoulder, back, etc
P - Pale
P - Throwing up is the word I'll use as I don't like the other... (Pu**)LOL

Anyway, wanted to mention that for anyone reading your post because we, as women do not have the same symptoms as men. They are very, very different.

I've been where you are and I also felt very peaceful. I'm sure that AC was with you and like you shared, knew you had it covered. :icon_flower:

Were you on an exercise regimen and if not, are you going to start one now? What has been recommended for your recovery?....if you would like to share.

Thanks for letting us know, Peg and again...SO GLAD you are OK and still with us. Thank God.

Much love to you, :love4:
Terry

Janka

• My beloved Jan-a.d. 11/11/11
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2015, 08:09:16 AM »
Ladies pay attention to your bodies, women normally do not have the typical symptoms. 

Love and Hugs
Peggy

Thanks for letting us know.Thanks God that everything is well with you now,Peggy.
Hugs from the heart!
Janka
​I always kiss you from the heart,my endless love,
you know how much I love you,also stars above,
you will always be my dearest and only one,
I can not wait to be with you,my beloved Jan.

Janka

AC Mom

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2015, 11:38:01 AM »
Thank you Janka and Terry.  Terry, I do a lot of walking when the weather is nice.  Cardiologist wants me to do Cardiac Rehab, but I have no insurance, I can't afford it.  So, I am going to do my own idea of cardiac rehab. :)   From family history of Cardiac Problems, I know the main thing is to get heart rate up and keep it there a certain length of time.  My bro in law went thru cardiac rehab after his heart attack, so I figure I can get some pointers from him. lol

I am doing good, just tired today.  But, sun isn't out, and I have a hard time with cloudy days, so am blaming that!  :)

Love and hugs
Peggy

Janka

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2015, 03:44:26 PM »
Hi Peggy!

It´s nice to hear that you´re doing well now.We´ve a nice weather here.The sun is shining every day after long rainy days we´ve had before.It´s about +10°C and it still was +9°C at 9 o´clock in the evening.White,violet and yellow tulips are blooming under my balcony and little birds are singing all along.They´re sitting on the lime-tree near my window.Such a beautiful day was today!

Kiss!

Janka

Janka

AC Mom

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2015, 02:00:23 AM »
Hi Janka, I had to look to see where you were from when you mentioned flowers blooming and 50 degrees! :)  Slovakia, its only a guess, but somewhere in Russia?  We are finally out of winter I hope, I have had enough winter to last me a while!  Its nice enough out now, I would love to go for a walk, but can still only do short trips, like 150 feet to the mailbox.

Love and Hugs
Peggy

Janka

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2015, 03:55:17 AM »
In Russia?No,it´s not.I live in Bratislava,the capital of Slovakia,on the border with Austria and Hungary.Bratislava is very close to Vienna in Austria.It´s only 1 hour by car.We have a time difference +8 hours,so while it´s about 4 o´clock early in the morning there,we´re gonna have about 12 o´clock at noon here.We´ve had a frosty winter 10-20 years ago,but owing to global warming it´s very hot nowadays.The next week we´re gonna have +16°C.As for the summer we used to have +25-30°C,but those last years it´s already +35-40°C.If we had a sea,we wouldn´t have to travel so far.

How do you feel now?I hope it´s getting better.

You can write me whenever you need to talk to.I´m here almost every day
(on the board of Spouse,Partner Loss).

Hugs from Janka

Janka