Author Topic: Mom, Dad and older sister died  (Read 2604 times)

Ready2Talk

• View Profile
Mom, Dad and older sister died
« on: August 21, 2015, 10:57:18 AM »
I've been private, nearly silent about their deaths, but I want to talk about it now. I don't know quite know how though.

My older sister died when we were children. My mom died of cancer when I was 19; my dad died of cancer when I was 27.

Now that I'm almost 30, it still doesn't feel entirely real. I feel a pervasive, aching loneliness though, mostly in the morning and late at night. It's made me feel almost out of my mind at times. It's not all the time, though, and I've worked hard over the years to create a good life for myself.

The stories are so deep and complicated, I don't know where to begin, what to tell and what to leave out. I also don't trust that people will react in a supportive way. I feel like I need to protect myself because me and other family members were taken advantage of when we were vulnerable, so I partly think it's safer to keep it private.

Terry

• Administrator
    • “Grief is like the ocean; it comes on waves ebbing and flowing. Sometimes the water is calm, and sometimes it is overwhelming. All we can do is learn to swim.” –Vicki Harrison
    • View Profile
Re: Mom, Dad and older sister died
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2015, 11:25:48 AM »

((((Ready2Talk))))

I'm so sorry for all of your great losses. Welcome to Webhealing. :love9:

Love,
Terry

Doug1222

• nospam
  • Keep on keeping on.
    • View Profile
Re: Mom, Dad and older sister died
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2015, 12:30:07 PM »
I also don't trust that people will react in a supportive way. I feel like I need to protect myself because me and other family members were taken advantage of when we were vulnerable, so I partly think it's safer to keep it private.

It's safe to talk here.

(((((Ready2Talk))))))