Author Topic: WAITING IN THE LIGHT  (Read 14272 times)

MyLou

• nospam
    • View Profile
WAITING IN THE LIGHT
« on: February 14, 2015, 04:01:43 AM »
Waiting in the Light

When you wake up tomorrow
And grief takes your breath away
Know I watch over you
And walk with  you each day

Though, unseen, I stay close by
We're never far apart
The love we share gives testament
To all that's in your heart

I see the way you struggle now
To hold your head up high
I'm proud of you because I know
How very hard you try

I wish I could hold you close
And ease the pain you feel
I want so much to talk to you
And promise that you'll heal

One day you will see me again
Once more within your sight
I'll be right here to walk you in
I'm waiting in the light

Unknown
"Soulmates Forever"

I miss you every second of everyday My Love

I know I will see you again

Terry

• Administrator
    • “Grief is like the ocean; it comes on waves ebbing and flowing. Sometimes the water is calm, and sometimes it is overwhelming. All we can do is learn to swim.” –Vicki Harrison
    • View Profile
Re: WAITING IN THE LIGHT
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2015, 11:14:20 AM »
Beautiful Lis....thanks for sharing. :love9:

Janka

• My beloved Jan-a.d. 11/11/11
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2015, 02:09:13 PM »
Dear Lisa!

Thanks for sharing this beautiful poem with us!
It´s so true that really made me cry.
I´m very happy that you´re back again.

Hugs and kisses from Janka
​I always kiss you from the heart,my endless love,
you know how much I love you,also stars above,
you will always be my dearest and only one,
I can not wait to be with you,my beloved Jan.

Janka

funlearningmother

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2015, 09:27:56 PM »
Hi Lisa

What a beautiful poem. It is good to hear from you again. I have been wondering how you and everyone that comes on here is doing. Have you gotten any signs from Lou lately? I have been a little jealous of you and at the same time I am so happy for you that you have something! I know I have had a sign here or there and it just doesn't feel like enough. I miss Riki and wish I could see him again and ask him things and share things with him that I never got to as well as how I have grown since he died.

I hope things are well in your world and that you are finding some happiness and peace.

Shelby x (sending love your way)

MyLou

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2015, 04:43:01 AM »
((( Terry ))) - You are welcome, I thought it was beautiful too  :engel2:

((( Janka ))) - You are welcome, yes it made me cry too  :tearyeyed:

((( Shelby ))) - I've been going through some medical problems. Yes, I did have a sign from Lou on Feb 8th. It was 7 1/2 yrs when we got engaged on that date. I was a mess that day. I will write my sign at the end of the post.  I don't think we ever get enough signs but sometimes we miss their signs.  You have to know Rikki is with you and see's how you have grown since his passing.  A lot of people don't realize when we talk to them that is a sign.  We feel them around us and we start to talk to them.  That is a SIGN. There isn't a day that goes by I don't talk to Lou.  I can't imagine never talking to him. 

OK here is the sign I received: I belong on pinterst not sure if you ever heard of it. I love it.

I went to the quotes this what I came across.

Nothing can
Dim the light
Which shines from within,
Author name: Maya Angelou

Her last name Angelou - I looked at the last name and said there is my sign. Lou is an Angel .. Angelou

Sending peace, love , light and faith to everyone

Always,

Lisa
"Soulmates Forever"

funlearningmother

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2015, 11:11:10 PM »
((Lisa))

I am glad to hear you are ok. It's funny because I have seen that name, Maya Angelou, around from people in my life. I don't remember where or through who but I remember the name because it's so unique. I have never been on pinterest or any of the other social medias. I have three different emails, I go on Facebook and text, etc. not much more then that. It is a wonderful sign that you received. Nice saying and to know that Lou is there...
I have never been very good at remembering dates and with Riki and I there really wasn't anything that sticks out except his birthday and death date. A lot happened that month. 7 days after he died I got my divorce papers and 11 days after, a friend of his and mine died.
All I have been doing the last couple of months or so is talking about him, to him and remembering us/him. What I really want is that which I can't have. I want to see him and talk to him again just once. I even know that our interaction would be different for me because I have changed and I am not sure how I would feel about him except that he has changed too, of course that's my imagination because he should be more at peace not being in this world anymore so maybe we would have a more peaceful exchange.
Sometimes I feel guilty because I want him with me, I want to feel him and touch him and I can't and I also think who am I to be so much more important then his daughter and his other kids that have a greater claim over him then I do. The only reason he was with me and stayed with me was because he messed up his relationships with them. If he had been with her I never would have been in the picture the way I was and things would have been different for both of us. He wouldn't have needed me the way he thought he did. I know that is not healthy thinking because if someone needs you then they are not happy with themselves. That's how I am sometimes. It's slowly changing, I am learning to love myself. I can't even say anymore. I lost some of my clear thoughts and now I am spinning circles, as Riki used to say.

Shelby x

MyLou

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2015, 05:31:45 AM »
((((( Shelby )))))

You are doing the best you can and that's an accomplishment but proud.

Always

Lisa
"Soulmates Forever"

[email protected]

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2018, 07:08:06 AM »
actually the author is not "Unknown" - I wrote it, Kelly Polley Giesler (kp) fyi

[email protected]

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2018, 02:09:10 PM »
I am the author  of this poem (written about my son who passed and copyrighted in 2013)
Kelly Polley Giesler

Ralnic

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2018, 07:52:13 AM »
Hello MyLou and everyone else.  I wish I could reach out and hug everybody.  I am not a good writer.  don’t know what to say.  Lost my husband on 11-2-18.  This is just so sad.

MyLou

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2018, 05:35:55 AM »
Hi Ralnic,

I'm so sorry for your lost. It's very sad and a hard journey. I wish I could take your pain away. You just need to take baby steps, one second, minute , hour and day at a time.  If you need to cry and yell do it.  People that haven't gone through OUR loss don't understand. That's OK but they try to keep us busy. Remember it's your grief you grieve how you need too.  Don't be sorry for crying and not wanting to do anything if you don't want to. We all grieve differently.  Please try to drink, eat and sleep. It's easier said then done.  It's very hard in the beginning and being the holidays even harder.

It is 8 years today for me.  I can't even believe it.

I haven't been on webhealing for a long while. I am here.

Your husband is still with you.  I know it's not the same as physically.

Hugs to you....

Always, Lisa

"Soulmates Forever"

Terry

• Administrator
    • “Grief is like the ocean; it comes on waves ebbing and flowing. Sometimes the water is calm, and sometimes it is overwhelming. All we can do is learn to swim.” –Vicki Harrison
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2018, 01:43:19 PM »
(((((Ralnic)))))

I'm so sorry to read of the recent death of your precious husband. Welcome to Webhealing.

We're here for you.

Hugs,
Terry