Author Topic: Almost 1 year  (Read 2282 times)

Caspercat

• View Profile
Almost 1 year
« on: December 04, 2018, 12:23:28 PM »
With the 1 year anniversary of my husband's death quickly approaching, I am finding the grief hitting me harder now.  When monumental dates (like the day we were told there is nothing more that can be done) come up, I find my grief burst uncontrollable.  It's like last year I was on auto-pilot doing what I needed to do, and this year I have the chance to mourn those days.  The past year has flown by and I feel like I missed most of it.  Is anyone else finding the same thing happening to them?

I still feel 'lost' most days and don't know how to combat that.  I have always been an organized person, but find that 'fog' seems to always be present.  Sometimes I have the TV on but a program will end and I don't even know what happened during it.  Concentrating any more is pretty difficult.  I have taken part in a couple local grief groups but found the anticipation of attending them each time created an anxiety that I have never had an issue with before.  So many different emotions I have never dealt with in the past.

Terry

• Administrator
    • “Grief is like the ocean; it comes on waves ebbing and flowing. Sometimes the water is calm, and sometimes it is overwhelming. All we can do is learn to swim.” –Vicki Harrison
    • View Profile
Re: Almost 1 year
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2018, 01:40:36 PM »
Grief is really a roller coaster of emotions with the first couple of years being the most difficult. We do what we can with what we have to work with and that's all any of us can do. But all of those 'firsts' and their special dates sure do place a heavy burden on our grief.

Thanks for sharing how you've been feeling. I'm right there with you.

Hugs,
Terry