Author Topic: Remembering my Dad  (Read 6078 times)

Terry

• Administrator
    • “Grief is like the ocean; it comes on waves ebbing and flowing. Sometimes the water is calm, and sometimes it is overwhelming. All we can do is learn to swim.” –Vicki Harrison
    • View Profile
Remembering my Dad
« on: December 16, 2014, 08:47:20 PM »

Missing my Dad so much around these holidays and was looking at a group of pictures I haven't seen in awhile and thought I would post one. This picture is of the last time my Dad was out for dinner. I treated everyone to Outback Steak House and he was so happy, wearing his favorite sweater that my Mom had got for him when in Scotland. Once inside the restaurant it was mayhem. Dad became very confused but was already very tired before we left the house and to make a long story short, we had to leave before finishing our dinner. And so it was the last time Dad was out for dinner and this memory is and always will be so precious to me.

His angel date is the 18th and I honor him by remembering what a beautiful and special man he was. A great Father, just the best. My best friend, confidant and adviser throughout my life. How I miss him so.

I Love You, Daddy.
:love9:

MyLou

• nospam
    • View Profile
Re: Remembering my Dad
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2014, 06:22:15 PM »
(((((( Terry ))))))

Holding you close  :love9: .... You are such a loving person. I am here for you.  You and your Dad looked so happy.  You are beautiful and what a handsome loving father you had/have.

I know you miss your precious father.  He is always with you and watching over you. I hope beautiful memories fill your heart. :engel2:

Love you bunches ......

Hugs

Lisa
xoxo
"Soulmates Forever"

I miss you every second of everyday My Love

I know I will see you again

Terry

• Administrator
    • “Grief is like the ocean; it comes on waves ebbing and flowing. Sometimes the water is calm, and sometimes it is overwhelming. All we can do is learn to swim.” –Vicki Harrison
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2014, 07:28:24 PM »

(((((((Thank You, Lisa))))))) I appreciate your thoughtful message. It means so much. Well, you know how these dates can just grab a hold of us and pull us under with little to no warning.

Yes, and thank you he was a beautiful man, inside and out. He was 85 when he died and 84 in this picture and though he was very tired and beaten down from his disease, my Dad didn't have a wrinkle on his face. If not for that horrible disease, I could have had him here with me another 20 years. It just keeps breaking my heart.

Thanks again, Lis....you are always here for me. :love9:

Much love to you, my friend,
Terry

Doug1222

• nospam
  • Keep on keeping on.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2014, 11:41:07 AM »

His angel date is the 18th and I honor him by remembering what a beautiful and special man he was. A great Father, just the best. My best friend, confidant and adviser throughout my life. How I miss him so.

((((((Terry))))))

Terry

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2014, 07:28:18 PM »
Thank You, (((((((Doug))))))) :love9:

Janka

• My beloved Jan-a.d. 11/11/11
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2015, 10:18:38 AM »

Missing my Dad so much around these holidays and was looking at a group of pictures I haven't seen in awhile and thought I would post one. This picture is of the last time my Dad was out for dinner. I treated everyone to Outback Steak House and he was so happy, wearing his favorite sweater that my Mom had got for him when in Scotland. Once inside the restaurant it was mayhem. Dad became very confused but was already very tired before we left the house and to make a long story short, we had to leave before finishing our dinner. And so it was the last time Dad was out for dinner and this memory is and always will be so precious to me.

I Love You, Daddy.

Dear Terry!

I hope you had the most beautiful memories of your beloved father.It´s a nice picture of you both.I had the hardest time at Christmas as you know but it´s already all right.

PS:Hope you´ve found a song for you and also my New Year Song with the magic fireworks for all of you.

With love Janka
« Last Edit: January 12, 2015, 10:25:37 AM by Janka »
​I always kiss you from the heart,my endless love,
you know how much I love you,also stars above,
you will always be my dearest and only one,
I can not wait to be with you,my beloved Jan.

Janka

Terry

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2015, 10:53:39 AM »
Thank You, Janka for your thoughtful message. I did receive the song/video and thank you, again. It was awesome.

Hugs,
Terry

Gail08

• nospam
  • Where Jolene flew into the wind
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2015, 11:59:23 PM »
Terry, I was sick during December so was unable to come on here and give you hugs to get through the month but please know I was thinking about you. It is never too late for hugs so I hope that this ((((((((((TERRY)))))))))) helps. You are in my thoughts and prayers daily.

Love, Gail
G                                  Sisters 2 the end
  A                                Friends 2 the end
     I                   _________________________
 J O L E N E              In my heart 4 ever

Terry

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2015, 09:57:11 AM »
Thanks for the hugs, Gail ....Yes, they are always welcome! :love4: