Author Topic: It's been awhile  (Read 3155 times)

IMUM

• nospam
    • View Profile
It's been awhile
« on: November 28, 2014, 01:07:44 AM »
hi everyone, I'm melody. I haven't posted in a long while. But this forum helped me tremendously ... I was 32 years old when I reached out to webhealings. It was the best thing for me.  no path is linear... See..... I lost my mother sept 7th/ 2008. But my grief hit me in sept. 2011... 3 years later.... But at the time... I didn't know what the heck was going on with me... I honestly thought I was going crazy.. But the resilience in me continued to move along.. I kept wondering what was wrong with me... I didn't know how big an impact losing my mother would do to me... I was in a bad place.. Didn't know where to go , who to turn to, how to be strong.. But I was desperate.. I found a support group in the town I live, I found 2 counsellors to talk with and I found webhealings.
I have to say I really enjoyed the communications I received from this forum. I actually felt understood. I know that anyone who is here, will benefit.. I promise. I owe a lot to this forum and I know I can AlwAys come back whenever... :) love and light to you all. If anyone would like to message me, feel free. I'm here!

Terry

• Administrator
    • “Grief is like the ocean; it comes on waves ebbing and flowing. Sometimes the water is calm, and sometimes it is overwhelming. All we can do is learn to swim.” –Vicki Harrison
    • View Profile
Re: It's been awhile
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2014, 05:48:35 PM »
Hi Mel, It's always nice to see a post from one of our 'old-timers' and to read how webhealing has helped. (I refer to anyone who posted here, left then came back after an absence to share :icon_flower: , an 'old-timer')

I remember how refreshingly honest your postings were. Such a joy to read as every one was a lesson to be learned. And therein lies the secret to healing. I read and watched how you figured it out for yourself by digging deep and searching for answers and when you couldn't find the answers it just made you more determined, so you would start all over again. As you were struggling to find your way, you found yourself and learned so much about yourself that you were never aware of. This is what opening up is all about. Because when you wrote, it was for you. Not for anyone else. Some people pay an enormous amount of money to accomplish what you did all on your own by turning yourself inside out.

I was especially proud of you when you opened up to your kids and let them see that Mommy was human, too and you needed to cry because you were in pain. And, it was OK for them to see that. It was OK because crying when we feel sad is what people do when they are hurting. This was very moving because of your upbringing where no one expressed their emotions and you were so determined to teach your children that anything they feel will be OK and accepted by you.

You worked so hard on you and it paid off and will continue to.

Always a joy to hear from you, Mel, :love9:

Love & Hugs,
Terry

Doug1222

• nospam
  • Keep on keeping on.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2014, 07:09:19 AM »
Hi, Melody! It's good to hear from you. We got here about the same time and about in the same place.

I'm so happy to hear you're doing better. It's really great to hear from you.
 :icon_flower:

RoxyRay

• nospam
  • Am I doing this right?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2015, 04:57:06 AM »
lovely post.  so encouraging and liberating.  I'm pretty much a newbie here but have taken some time to read many posts and felt what you write about.  that openness is something that the personal hell i was in less painful and lonely.  *although i still can't get myself the proper sized pics up here ... lol... :P   *
   My husband had suggested that I find a place of comfort and healing and i believe this may be the correct forum for the confusion and pain I have gone through. 
  Crazy is one way I would describe the sorrow I went through and I know that shock of " what can i ever do without you by my side?"   The shut down.  That disconnect to the rest of the world .All I could do is walk around in circles wondering how to get out...
  I'm blessed for these moments we are sharing here. 
And while the rest are playing and enjoying the day, i sit at home and hold my doll, wishing you had breath.