Author Topic: My mother Laura's 3 year Angel Date  (Read 3602 times)

Ranger32080

• nospam
    • View Profile
My mother Laura's 3 year Angel Date
« on: November 23, 2014, 12:18:19 AM »
In 33 minutes, it will be the 3 year anniversary of my mother's passing. It has certainly been a long, hard road without her. Every time I think of her, I still get choked up and cry a little. Although, it's not the 5-10 minute downpour that it used to be. I miss her like crazy, not being able to talk to her. Thanksgiving and Christmas has been miserable as well since she left us. I just haven't been able to even remotely get into the mood for the holidays because it was our favorite time of the year. I've been trying to tell myself that she would want me to be happy during this time. It's helped a little, but it's going to be a work in progress. I do want to thank God for giving me such a wonderful mother in the time that I did get to spend with her. I just wished I spent more time with her and told her that I loved her more often the last few months she was alive.

Terry

• Administrator
    • “Grief is like the ocean; it comes on waves ebbing and flowing. Sometimes the water is calm, and sometimes it is overwhelming. All we can do is learn to swim.” –Vicki Harrison
    • View Profile
Re: My mother Laura's 3 year Angel Date
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2014, 07:11:44 PM »
Hi Adam,

Nice to see a post from you. My Dad's birthday was the 23rd, too. I have my sister here for the Thanksgiving holidays and it's been a teary time, between missing our Dad and also my children.

Has it been three years already? Hard to believe. I know you miss your precious Momma and always will. She was so lucky to have such a wonderful son. :icon_flower:

I know the holidays are difficult but I hope you find peace in your memories. How we cherish them...

How has your health been?

Always think of you, with love, :love9:
Terry

Ranger32080

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2014, 08:21:54 PM »
Hi Terry,

I know it's been a while, been a little busy the last few months.  I guess the 23rd will be a special day for us from now on. My mom's birthday was on the 5th. I didn't really have a bad day then, but Thursday night and yesterday, I had a few teary moments. Why couldn't your children come? Are they too far away?

Yeah, three years. I know right? I think time is slowly starting to slip away from us. Thanks, your father raised an awesome daughter ;-)  I'm glad that you and your sister are spending time together. Do you see her often?

Health wise, I went totally blind in my right eye in August. It was caused by my eye having a stroke back in December which led to fluid buildup. I have an appointment with an opthamology clinic this coming Thursday. I hope they do the procedure on it to clean it out. As for my heart and diabetes...I'm just hanging in there and waiting for February to get here because Medicare will be coming available to me and I can finally get more help. 

I do have some good news. My sister got married on September 28th and had a week long honeymoon in the Caribbean. I found a new apartment and call it my man cave haha. Her and I get along so much better now that we don't live together anymore. 

How is everything out your way?

Love, Adam

Terry

• Administrator
    • “Grief is like the ocean; it comes on waves ebbing and flowing. Sometimes the water is calm, and sometimes it is overwhelming. All we can do is learn to swim.” –Vicki Harrison
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2014, 06:13:35 PM »

Hi Adam,

I was glad to read that you'll be getting some help in the near future regarding your health. Great news!
And, a big Congrats! to your sister on her marriage. I wish her a lifetime of happiness. And so nice to know you two are getting along better. I think anyone who lives even too close, let alone with another can make for stressful times.

I know you probably forgot as we're on here because we are grieving and it can be stressful but all my children died. Sal, Michelle and Jeff. Jeff, who was my oldest (29) and my only surviving child died almost 13 years ago. It will be 13 years on Jan. 12th. It's still hard to believe all of that time has passed.

I don't see my sister a lot as she's up north but we get together when we can and always for the holidays. Her and her husband were here from Sunday till Friday for Thanksgiving and it was very teary for the most part. Everyone is gone and when we're together I guess it just hits harder for both of us. (will be happy when the holidays are over)

Have fun with your new man-cave, decorating and all! :laughing6: There is nothing like having a place of our own. Enjoy your new found privacy.

Hugs & Love, :love9:
Terry