Author Topic: Sharing daughter's Tattoo  (Read 10359 times)

Kyme jeffreys Mom

• My Son, My life,forever 21
    • View Profile
    • In memory of Jeffrey
Sharing daughter's Tattoo
« on: January 11, 2007, 10:20:30 AM »
I thought I would share a picture of the Tattoo my daughter is in the process of getting.

and the story behind it.

The night Jeffrey was killed she was at school, they both attended the same College, she was in class when I tried her cell phone. I left my home in Laval and travelled over an hour to identify my son's body. She called me at around 10:30 and was tired, but wanted to hang in the city for a couple of more hours, I just said please come home, finally I convinced her that I would call her fatehr and tell him to pick her up. We are divorced and he had gone with me and then he went to his brother's leaving me in a home that was missing it's major link.

When she did finally came home I had to tell her that her big brother had been killed and that both him and Tanya died instanly, it was gut wrenchinging.

She went through a lot of emotional up and downs, even through the cutting stage (harm to oneself) it was only last Christmas when she turned to me and said Jeffrey would love the new Xbox 360 and she suddenly broke down realizing that her big brother was never coming home.

Getting off track, two months after Jeffrey left us, she designed this tatoo, but no one would do a breast piece until she was at least 21.

She had to be 21 before they would even think about starting it, and guess who is turning 21 in 2 weeks; soon she will be older than her older brother, which is kind of hard to swallow. She had designed this 2 months after Jeff left us, it is in his memory, the broken heart is what happened when she found out about Jeff and the pins represent her trying to mend but will never be fixed, the ragged wings cause he was and now is a real rugged angel, the halo represents his righteousness and pure of heart. It is big but that is what she wanted. Apparently she said it hurt a little bit. It took 6 hours and the colour is yet to come.

I had to let her do it, she loved him so much.
thanks for letting me share

Kyme Jeffrey's mom

missing him more and more with each passing moment in time

Kyme - a mom on a journey with no map

SueH

• nospam
    • View Profile
Re: Sharing daughter's Tattoo
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2007, 12:12:41 PM »
HI
Thank you for sharing it. It's beautiful and I'm sure it had to hurt!
I love hearing tattoo stories. I watch Miami Ink and it amazes me how many people get tattoos to remember their loved ones.
I got a tattoo on my wrist 6 months after Sara passed. It just has her name there, and on her birthday coming up the 31st of January, I'm going to have flowers put around her name. I have a feeling that this is going to be an ongoing things through the years. I love them and it's something to look forward too and shows nothing but love!
Sue *Sara's* Mom
"yep yep yep"

Johns Mom

• nospam
  • My "Bestest Boy"
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2007, 02:27:04 PM »
Kyme, thank you for sharing your daughter's tattoo with us...it is beautiful and certainly shows how much she loves her brother....I wish I had the courage to get a tattoo, even just a small one, but I'm too much of a chicken!  Hope you will post another picture when she gets the color done.  ((Hugs)) Pat..John's Mom

Dottie (Tammie's Mom)

• Tammie (My Precious Daughter) 8-9-65/9-14-05
    • View Profile
    • Project Tammie
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2007, 02:49:17 PM »
Wow, quite a tribute to her brother!!!!!

Tammie had a beautiful little angel on her left side of her tummy, I would love to get a small angel on my ankle but think I am too chicken.  Maybe someday??

Thanks for sharing,
Dottie Tammie's Mom

Jeanneb

« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2007, 05:23:06 PM »
Kyme,

The tatto is awesome, so powerful.  My son Stephen drew up a tattoo that he and his sister have of their brother's initials.  Melissa got hers on the lower part of her back and it cause some serious pain.  Stephen has his on his chest over his heart.

I have a small dragonfly as my sign on my ankle.

Dottie, get the tattoo.  I can honestly say my didn't hurt.

Jeanne

Kyme jeffreys Mom

• My Son, My life,forever 21
    • View Profile
    • In memory of Jeffrey
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2007, 06:14:50 PM »
I have wanted a tattoo to devout my admiration and love to my son, just stuff got in the way it will be done by Jen's artist on March 2, 2007 his 2nd angel date, and will maybe finally go to his grave

I really need to talk to him

this post traumatic syndrome s***t is eating me away

I miss him so much

Kyme always Jeffrey's mom
Kyme - a mom on a journey with no map

SueH

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2007, 09:26:25 AM »
I think that if you want to get the tattoo  you should get them.
Mine hurt a bit... but I kept holding a picture of Sara and just staring at it the entire time and talking to the artist about her while looking at the picture and it kind of made the pain go away. At one point I said,  ok is this as painful as it will get? and he replied yes.. so In my mind I knew I could handle it and since the tattoo was small, it didn't take all that long. You get different pain in different areas because of the nerves there.. so you have choices there! It really made me feel so much better to have gotten it, as Sara always wanted to have one and couldn't because of her medical condition.
So.. I did it for her!

Sue *Sara's* Mom
"yep yep yep"

faye

• nospam
  • Larry Brickman
    • View Profile
    • Larry & Nana
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2007, 06:58:17 PM »
It's very beautiful.

momofwatsonx

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2007, 06:59:03 PM »
tattoo's are an awsome tribute to ones life, the night that Josh died 6 of Joshua's friends went and had    IN LOVEING MEMORY OF WATSON X    on the arm and his friend that is in the navy and station in Japan had the huge tattoo on his right shoulder blade, it is a raven flying over a tombstone and a tree branch and on the tombstone it reads   JOSHUA LEE WATSON
                                                                                                   JULY18,1987-MAY26,2006

I LOVE YOU MAN

AND THEN ON HIS SISTERS 21 BIRTHDAY SHE SAID SHE WANTED A TATTOO
SHE JUST HAD     JOSH   ON HER RIGHT FOR ARM, SHE SAYS SHE'LL FOREVER REMEMBER THE DATE AND DIDN'T WANT IT THERE

I have thought about getting an angel or a lighhouse, still to chicken but i know on day i will

lots of love virgie  joshua mom

Lisa Moody

• View Profile
    • Justice For Russell Boy
« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2007, 12:53:10 PM »
Yes very nice and beautiful.  My kids all got Tatoo's done my husband is working on the other hslf of his Tatoo.  Very memorible to see these tattoos.  My daughter had angels wings and Russell boy on here right back shoulder done.  My son's did trible tattoos Hawaiian Tribal tatoos.  My husband has Russell Boy's name on his forearm and now is to finish the tatto with a hawaiian tiki.  The husbands tatto is a hawaiian tiki that russell boys had on his stomach.  every one of his friends engaged in Tattoos of Russell Boy's name and images of what he had also.  Yes it is a great remembrance of your child and the kids really feel comfort to have done these.  Lots of Hugs and Kisses to all of you.

Lisa

Lisa Moody - Russell Boys Mom
"Always Remembered - Never Forgotten"

Johanna

• nospam
  • Micheal at Wonderland
    • View Profile
    • Micheal's Memorial Website
« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2007, 04:30:33 PM »
Beautiful tattoo.  And more so for the thought and care your daughter put into the design. 

Love and hugs,
Johanna

Who, then, can so softly bind up the wound of another as he,
who has felt the same wound himself?
Thomas Jefferson