Author Topic: Memories  (Read 6033 times)

Sharon - Dawn's Mom

• View Profile
    • http://dawn-ankney.memory-of.com.
Memories
« on: January 11, 2007, 03:39:42 AM »
I ran a across a book the other day that Dawn had given me some years back.  It's called "Mom, Share Your Life With Me."  On each page is a date starting with January 1st and ending with December 31st and on each date is a a question for me to answer.  Such questions are: "As a child, what did you want to be when you grew up?  or Tell about the first dance you ever had."  Dawn wanted to know about my life  and wanted me to write it down and I was to complete it for her so she would be able to read it someday.    I completed many of the days, but  have never completed every day.   She will never be able to read the memories I wrote.  She was so into all of that.  She was such a sentimental daughter, mom, friend, sister, granddaughter.   She was so loved and loved by so many.  She left me so many memories and I want her back.

It makes me so sad to think that her kids will never be able to ask her what it was like when she was growing up.  They will never be able to give her that kind of book and ask her for her very own memories.    Or ask her advice for anything.    I need to start writing, not just for me, but for her children.  I need to write her memories down for them.  We did so much as a family and we were all together so much.  I want to share with them all those times so someday they will be able to read about their mommy. 

Dawn loved poems, one liners, scripture verses, sayings and she had them posted all over her house.  When she found a new one that she would like, she would cut out and tape it on a door, a cupboard  or somewhere in sight so she could read it often.  When she managed a retail store called "Northern Reflections" she had so many motivational sayings posted on her walls in her office so her employees could read them.  She was always like that...she would leave messages on her white boards at her house for her children.  The last one she wrote to them "Every passing minute is another chance to turn it all around.  Have Faith Whatever is meant to be will always find a way.  Mommy Loves Taylor and Alison"   and then at the bottom Taylor writes "Thanks Mommy"   I kept that right board, it's hanging in my kitchen.  I would like to preserve and give it to the kids someday. 

When we had to go and pack up her house, our whole entire family went in, aunts, uncles, cousins, grandma, grandpa, and everyone was just amazed at the love that was felt in her home.  Everyone said you could just feel it when you walked in.  We took all of her sayings down off her doors and walls, fridge, mirrors, and by her computer.  We put them in a special box and someday I want to put them all together and make a book of them, for the kids.  When I was sitting at her desk in her office at her house I found a notebook of things she doodled while on the phone.  There of course was more sayings, more I love you Taylor and Alison....just so much love left behind for everyone to read and see.

The picture that meant so much to her that she had hanging on her living room wall was of a little boy in a red and white striped shirt with his hands in the back pockets of his jeans, facing the ocean.  The picture is called "P.R.I.O.R.I.T.I.E.S"  and it reads "A hundred years from now it will not matter what my bank account was, the sort of house I lived in, or the kind of car I drove...but the world may be different because I was important in the life of a child."    I remember how she loved that picture.   The picture now belongs to Taylor and is hanging in his bedroom in our house.    I cry everytime I look at it and read it.   SHE WAS SO IMPORTANT IN THE LIVES OF HER CHILDREN --  I don't understand why she was taken so suddenly.

My thoughts are with all of you today and your children that you have lost.   How important you all were in their lives!!!  And how important they were in yours.

Love and Hugs,
Sharon - Dawn's Mom Forever

live well, laugh often, love much  --  oh honey,  i miss you!!!!

Dottie (Tammie's Mom)

• Tammie (My Precious Daughter) 8-9-65/9-14-05
    • View Profile
    • Project Tammie
Re: Memories
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2007, 06:39:00 AM »
Dear Sharon,

I understand , I really do.

Our girls sound so much alike except for the children.

Tammie had little sayings on her refrigerator and posted in her office at home and at work.  She had a little stick up tablet on her frig that everyone who came in her house left her notes on. It now hangs on my frig. It breaks my heart everytime I look at it now. The last note on it was from me, I wrote "remember I LOVE YOU" MOM.

Packing up Tammie's home was extremely difficult like you we found so much love everywhere in her home.

I know Dawn's children will cherish and treasure every memory you give to them. I wish I had someone to pass some of Tammie's things to. I have given some to my niece who is 10 years younger than Tammie but they were very close. I never cared about having grandchildren but now I so wish I had one.

Know I understand your heartache and I think of you and your Dawn so often,

Dottie Tammie's Mom

sykeller (Ray's mom)

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2007, 07:20:36 AM »
Sharon,

I know exactly what you mean.  I was too distraught to go through Ray's belongings, my daughter and niece took care of that.  I did go through a box of articles and clippings my daughter found in his room.  He always loved quotes and collected the ones he liked most.  I went through them tearfully, everyone a reflection of the person my son had become.  I also understand how you feel about your grandchildren, I worry that my grandson will never know the person his father was, or how very much he loved him.  My daughter started a memory box to be given to my grandson Matthew someday, it is my greatest wish that someday he will find his way back to us.

Wishing you comfort and peace,

Sy

Katie--Adam's Mom

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2007, 02:30:57 PM »
(((sharon)))

Dawn is such a loving, remarkable woman.  I wish I could have met her but your sharing her here has made me feel like I do know her.  Thank you.

I have some of Adam's writing, some saved cartoons and quotes that he gave to me.  He was so witty and wise, quite sarcastic and funny, too.  Those little things he shared with me mean so much, especially now.

Missing our precious children!

Love and hugs,
Katie

Debh

• Forever Loved, Forever Missed, Never Forgotten
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2007, 03:12:49 PM »
Sharon thanks for sharing Dawn. I agree memories need to continue on in our families and great idea on writing them down. My scrapbooks are getting full of memories of Chad for all those in the future that didn't get to know him in my family when I am not here to tell them that is because thats just something I haven't stopped doing nor plan to. Let  the tears flow and then bring on the smiles is what I think our kids are hoping for us all, just so darn hard at times to find those smile.

Thinking of you and Dawn
Love
Deb

Jeanneb

« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2007, 05:27:32 PM »
Sharon,

You should just be so darn proud of the wonderful woman you raised.  I hope that you fill that book out that she gave you.  I think the grandkids would so love to
have that one day.

I'm just so sorry that she isn't here.  The world lost a really special woman.  You my dear are a special mom yourself!

Jeanne

Sharon - Dawn's Mom

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2007, 02:12:07 AM »
Dear Dottie,
Tammie and Dawn do sound so much a like.  We are so blessed to have such caring daughters filled with so much love for people.  They left us treasures in our hearts.  I so miss them.
I Know I am very blessed to have Dawn's children in my life and at the same time wishing you had one too.  I'm sure Tammie's neice will treasure the things you have given her. 
I sit here and can't help think just how much our lives have changed.  It's so different, the lonliness for our girls is always here and I'm sure will be with us for all of our lives.  Tears come easily with thoughts of the memories they've left behind.  I know those girls are together right now...having some girl talks.  Dawn made friends so easily as it sounds like Tammie did too.  I'm sure they have become very good friends. 

Thinking of you and Tammie and Dawn this very minute, you are all in my heart.

Love and Hugs,

Sharon - Dawn's Mom

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2007, 02:24:54 AM »
Dear Sy,
"I went through them tearfully, everyone a reflection of the person my son had become.  I  also understand how you feel about your grandchildren, I worry that my grandson will never know the person his father was, or how very much he loved him.  My daughter started a memory box to be given to my grandson Matthew someday, it is my greatest wish that someday he will find his way back to us."

"everyone a reflection of the person my son had become"  I like that Sy, that just seems so much like Dawn too, "everyone a reflection of the person my daughter had become."    I pray that someday your grandson, Matthew, will make it back to you too and will be able to look through that memory box of his daddy that your daughter is keeping for him. 

Peace and Comfort right back to you for today with Love and Hugs to you and your precious son, Ray,

Wishing you comfort and peace,

Sharon - Dawn's Mom

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2007, 02:35:34 AM »
Dear Katie,
Thank you for your kind words about Dawn.  I love to share memories about her and love hearing memories of all the kids here.   They all are missed and we all treasure the memories they have left with us.  You would have liked Dawn....she loved  people...she loved life...

I am so glad that you have some of the writings, cartoons, and quotes of Adam 's also as a reminder of his love and wit and sense of humor and all his characteristics.  I know how much you miss your beautiful son.

Love and Hugs,

Sharon - Dawn's Mom

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2007, 02:45:12 AM »
Dear Deb,
"Let the tears flow and bring on the smiles. " Yes the memories do bring on the tears.  I hope and pray that someday that sharing the memories will bring on the smiles.  For me when I share the memories, I share them with the tears flowing down my face.  It's been hard to smile even though Dawn left us with millions of beautiful memories, memories that should make me laugh, and memories that should make me so proud of her. 

You have shared so many memories of your boys and I love reading them.  I can feel the love you have for all three of them.  This has been a hard journey for you losing your boys.  Deb, you and your boys are in my heart and keep those memories coming.

Love and Hugs,

Sharon - Dawn's Mom

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2007, 02:57:11 AM »
Dear Jeanne,
Oh how you made me smile when I read your post about how proud I must be of the woman Dawn had become.  I am so  proud.  She really was a special woman. 

You and the other ones that have written back to me have really made me think...I have been able to share memories of Dawn here on this board and the responses I have always gotten have made me feel so comfortable about sharing my daughter with all of you.  As close as our whole family is....with the exception of just a few family members, I feel as though I can't share the Dawn memories, for fear of hurting someone, or making them uncomfortable.  Is it because they loved her so much that it just hurts too much for them to think or hear about her?    It is incredible how I get a warm feeling here, whenever I share her with all of you.

Thank you Jeanne for your kind, kind words.  Thinking of you  and Phillip and keeping you both in my heart today.

Love and Hugs,

Sharon - Dawn's Mom

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2007, 03:00:05 AM »
Dear Judy,
Our kids left us so many treasures.  They filled us with so much love. I only wish we could all have them back here with us. 

Love and Hugs to you and Dougie this very moment,