Author Topic: Missing my grandpa  (Read 2815 times)

Gail08

• nospam
  • Where Jolene flew into the wind
    • View Profile
Missing my grandpa
« on: October 26, 2014, 12:43:35 AM »
Today is the anniversary of my grandpa's passing and I am missing him so very much.  He was SO VERY VERY special to me.  He was such a loving and kind man.  I will never forget, when I would crawl up in his lap or into bed with him when I was little and he would put his arms around me, how amazing the feeling was.  I would give anything to feel his arms around me again.  I remember going to the viewing and seeing him in he casket but it didn't really hit me that he was really gone until after his funeral while we were still at the cemetery.  When it hit me it really hit me hard as I totally lost it. I just want my grandpa back so badly. I loved him SO much. I have tried to live like he did so that he would be proud of me. It gets harder each year instead of easier and I wonder if maybe there is something really wrong with me.     
G                                  Sisters 2 the end
  A                                Friends 2 the end
     I                   _________________________
 J O L E N E              In my heart 4 ever

Terry

• Administrator
    • “Grief is like the ocean; it comes on waves ebbing and flowing. Sometimes the water is calm, and sometimes it is overwhelming. All we can do is learn to swim.” –Vicki Harrison
    • View Profile
Re: Missing my grandpa
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2014, 09:25:31 AM »
I understand, Gail. And, no there's nothing wrong with you. Nothing that isn't wrong with me, too. I've buried everyone in my family and this life just is not the same with everyone gone. It get's harder for me the older I get.
I hope a very special memory of your precious Grandpa finds your heart and brings a smile to it.

Holding you close with love and understanding, :love9:
Terry

Gail08

• nospam
  • Where Jolene flew into the wind
    • View Profile
Re: Missing my grandpa
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2014, 02:54:32 PM »
Thank you so much Terry. Your words are of great comfort.
G                                  Sisters 2 the end
  A                                Friends 2 the end
     I                   _________________________
 J O L E N E              In my heart 4 ever