Author Topic: Stephanie's Birthday ((Melissa)))  (Read 1970 times)

Terry

• Administrator
    • “Grief is like the ocean; it comes on waves ebbing and flowing. Sometimes the water is calm, and sometimes it is overwhelming. All we can do is learn to swim.” –Vicki Harrison
    • View Profile
Stephanie's Birthday ((Melissa)))
« on: September 16, 2014, 01:40:35 PM »

(((((Melissa))))) :love9:

Thinking of Stephanie today on her heavenly birthday. I hope your day is bringing you a little peace in your memories. These dates are so difficult.

Love,
Terry

MissSteph4ever

• nospam
  • Melissa (Stephs mom)
    • View Profile
Re: Stephanie's Birthday ((Melissa)))
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2014, 06:51:57 PM »
Thank you Terry for remebering my Stephanie's birthday. I did have a better day than i expected i would, my husband, son, his girlfriend and my 2 yr old grandson  and i all went to the cemetary and we sang happy birthday to Stephanie and we released balloons for her to the heavens and there was something spiritual in the air, it was as if she was there, the sun was setting, the balloons twinkled like stars as they entered the heavens and we felt at peace, it was a beautiful evening. Today was rough though, my mother in law came for a visit and she has dementia and as we were saying our goodbyes she turned to me asked where Stepphanie was and i had to tell her for the fourth or fifth time that Stephanie had died almost a year and a half ago, and the shock on her face, it just hit me like a knife to my heart. Those words are still so hard to speak "Stephanie died a year in a half ago" it breaks my heart all over again and i never want to say it again.
My beautiful daughter Stephanie Leigh 9/16/87-4/15/13 [nofollow]

Terry

• Administrator
    • “Grief is like the ocean; it comes on waves ebbing and flowing. Sometimes the water is calm, and sometimes it is overwhelming. All we can do is learn to swim.” –Vicki Harrison
    • View Profile
Re: Stephanie's Birthday ((Melissa)))
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2014, 11:48:27 AM »
Those words are still so hard to speak "Stephanie died a year in a half ago" it breaks my heart all over again and i never want to say it again.

It never get's easier. It'll be 12 years since my surviving son died and I've found myself actually avoiding people I haven't seen in a long time for fear of having to tell them about my son.

Thanks for sharing your day with us. :love9:

Love,
Terry