Author Topic: Adam  (Read 5938 times)

Adams Brokenhearted Mama

• View Profile
Adam
« on: September 06, 2014, 07:12:42 AM »
8 years today. What else is there to say? We all know about this grief journey. The length of time is staggering, ultimately it will be longer that his years on Earth. Well, I know that I am an inpatient woman. I don't want to leave my Earthly family and yet I am anxious to see my heavenly son. I am not an accepting woman. I don't like accepting his death and the depth of my daughter's problems.
Moment to moment, that's the best I can do.
XO Love to all my sisters & brothers-in-grief XO
Wishing you all peaceful moments, signs from your Angels & many blessings

Terry

• Administrator
    • “Grief is like the ocean; it comes on waves ebbing and flowing. Sometimes the water is calm, and sometimes it is overwhelming. All we can do is learn to swim.” –Vicki Harrison
    • View Profile
Re: Adam
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2014, 10:29:24 AM »

Holding you close today, Paula on Adam's Angel Date.

Love,
Terry

Adams Brokenhearted Mama

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2014, 08:19:43 AM »
8 years ago today we laid you to rest. While the world mourns 9/11 that day is very different for me. We had to wait for the ME's office to release Adam to us for his wake and funeral. It was a very surreal time knowing that he had passed and then having to wait for red tape to clear so we could proceed. A time in my life that I wish could be erased.
My heart aches so very much that it is unbelievable that it is not etched on my face for the world to see.

Terry

• Administrator
    • “Grief is like the ocean; it comes on waves ebbing and flowing. Sometimes the water is calm, and sometimes it is overwhelming. All we can do is learn to swim.” –Vicki Harrison
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2014, 10:53:30 PM »

My heart aches so very much that it is unbelievable that it is not etched on my face for the world to see.

I believe that it is etched on our faces, Paula. I've lost track of how many times I've been asked if I "lost my babies" because it's described as being written on my face.

Love,
Terry

Adams Brokenhearted Mama

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2014, 06:33:19 AM »
I wonder why people cannot see beyond the woman standing right in front of them. I guess people don't really have a glimpse of what is inside because they don't want to look that deep. It's easier to be superficial to others then to share the burdens of their life. I always had a lot of empathy even before my tragedy.
Just on a "blue" mode these days, hopefully it will lift soon. Going to the doc in a few to pick up a new script for an adjunct med, maybe it will do the trick.

Doug1222

• nospam
  • Keep on keeping on.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2014, 10:17:58 AM »
We had to wait for the ME's office to release Adam to us for his wake and funeral. It was a very surreal time knowing that he had passed and then having to wait for red tape to clear so we could proceed.

I actually know what that's like. I've written all about my brother's death, but we also had a long delay.

He was killed in Tennessee east of Nashville on the interstate. It was very complicated getting him home. At the time, he was in the middle of transferring from Fort Bragg, NC to Korea so he didn't have a home station. He was on leave from the Army.

Elements of it ended up being handled by three different Army posts (Fort Bragg, Fort Campbell, and Fort Leonard Wood). It was very complicated and took a week before he got home. The visitation and funeral didn't start for a week. It was a couple more weeks before his car and all of his property got home. I think my dad drove to Tennessee to get the car.

I actually do know how that is to have the delay.

My prayers are with you.

Doug1222

• nospam
  • Keep on keeping on.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2014, 10:22:14 AM »
The length of time is staggering, ultimately it will be longer that his years on Earth.

I've thought about that a lot. My brother was 22 when he died. That was nineteen years ago.

I think one of the strangest things to me will be when it's 23 years.

I have thought about that a lot.

Terry

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2014, 08:24:46 PM »

I've thought about that a lot. My brother was 22 when he died. That was nineteen years ago.

Hey Doug,

Thanks for posting. You're always offering others support and I know this is a difficult time for you, also with Stevie's birthday fast approaching. Your kindness never goes unnoticed.

Love ya, my board brother, :love9:
Terry

barb0617

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2014, 06:08:10 PM »
Doug, I know what you mean about the 22 -23 timing. I had my boys first, my two daughters after. One son died at 21, the other 6 weeks after his 31st birthday. My youngest turned 31 a few weeks ago. So strange. But we've learned how to focus on and find strength in what and who remain.

Adams Brokenhearted Mama

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2014, 12:05:10 PM »
I truly wonder if I have lost my mind. I am unable to rebound from my sorrows this go-round. Still talking with doctor, taking meds, still out & about doing all that I should be doing, making lots of time for "me" things … just the unhappiness quotient is so high I wonder if it will ever subside again.
I wish there was a cure for sadness.

MissSteph4ever

• nospam
  • Melissa (Stephs mom)
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2014, 07:30:13 PM »
I too wish this was a cure for sadness, its been 17 months since my 25 year old daughter died and i am certain i will never feel whole or complete again. I am blessed with a 29 year old son and a 2 year old grandson who i love, heart and soul, but there is a part of my heart and soul that is broken forever, and it can never be repaired. I know i can smile, i can laugh and have a good time but i will never be completely happy again. Hugs <3
My beautiful daughter Stephanie Leigh 9/16/87-4/15/13 [nofollow]