Author Topic: 6 months today  (Read 2353 times)

Gail08

• nospam
  • Where Jolene flew into the wind
    • View Profile
6 months today
« on: August 11, 2014, 03:02:17 PM »
6 months ago today I had to say good bye to my dear precious mother.  Today has been really hard.  I miss her so terribly much.  I want her back in the worst way possible.  I don't know why she had to die.  I have been told that it does get easier but everything I read says it doesn't. Right now it feels like it never will get any easier. I have to force myself to get out of bed every morning and get through the day as I hate facing each day without her.  I am so scared that it never will get easier and that I won't be able to bear the pain.  My heart just hurts so much. 
G                                  Sisters 2 the end
  A                                Friends 2 the end
     I                   _________________________
 J O L E N E              In my heart 4 ever

mousewife

• nospam
    • View Profile
Re: 6 months today
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2014, 03:51:11 PM »
Gail,

It does get easier for most people.  It does get easier to bear.  It improves in the sense that it changes.  Our lives change and we get more used to the change.  Many people remain susceptible to brief times  when the pain and loss becomes intense again.  But, I think for most people, these times become less frequent and are shorter in duration.

I'm sorry you have to go through this.

Peace and Healing,
mousewife

Doug1222

• nospam
  • Keep on keeping on.
    • View Profile
Re: 6 months today
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2014, 11:15:11 AM »
I agree with mousewife. It doesn't get easier. It gets different. I still have hard times and it's been nearly fifteen years since my dad and twenty since my brother. Those times don't get easier.

What they get is shorter and farther between.

Sorry you're having to go through this, Gail. I really am. Hang in there.

(((((((Gail)))))))