Author Topic: How is everyone doing?  (Read 16425 times)

Terry

• Administrator
    • “Grief is like the ocean; it comes on waves ebbing and flowing. Sometimes the water is calm, and sometimes it is overwhelming. All we can do is learn to swim.” –Vicki Harrison
    • View Profile
How is everyone doing?
« on: April 23, 2014, 01:46:54 PM »

Thinking of you all. It's been very quiet over here and when you find the time, please post and update us on how you're all doing.

You're always close to my heart.

Miss you guys. :love9:

Love,
Terry

jbryant

• nospam
    • View Profile
Re: How is everyone doing?
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2014, 06:07:03 PM »
Im good as can be I guess still doing my hospice I now make phone calls twice a week now to the patients and I lost my 1st patient this month but its all good im coming up on my 2 yr since Doyle passed and I miss him so much im trying to move forward but as you well know its all about time so im taking my time working my grief and probably be working it till my time is through but im helping others in their time and I heal from it that's how Im doing Terry thank you for asking  :love4:

DaveB

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2014, 12:28:51 PM »
jbryant, that's good that you're out there helping others, doing something positive.

Myself...not so much! I feel like I'm frozen in time, still working the same job, living in the same place, nothing has changed. Don't feel motivated to try to change things. I can't believe this is my life from now on, but maybe it is. It's been almost 3 1/2 years.

jbryant

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2014, 04:59:55 PM »
DaveB I think we all are still frozen in time on that date and always will be but im finding that change is the key just gradual small changes but we never know the bridge were gonna cross until we get their but being a hospice volunteer has helped me and they are always looking for volunteers and they train you and it works out pretty good I do hope you peace. and and Like my Doyles aunt told me at when I buried him you have to let go so they can rest in peace old Indian proverb.
ps Terry I know I should not post here but just wanted to answer dave many thanks Johnb :love4:

MyLou

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2014, 04:16:08 PM »
Hi

Must be in the air.  Last 2 weeks I have been down.  I get back up try again ... it's like it is playing over again .... like the first day I loss Lou but I am trying.  

My friend that I met that is a widow she is down too.  

All we can do is try and try again .............

Hugs , Peace, Faith and light to everyone  :engel2:

Always

Lisa
"Soulmates Forever"

I miss you every second of everyday My Love

I know I will see you again

Terry

• Administrator
    • “Grief is like the ocean; it comes on waves ebbing and flowing. Sometimes the water is calm, and sometimes it is overwhelming. All we can do is learn to swim.” –Vicki Harrison
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2014, 07:13:16 PM »
Im good as can be I guess still doing my hospice I now make phone calls twice a week now to the patients and I lost my 1st patient this month but its all good im coming up on my 2 yr since Doyle passed and I miss him so much im trying to move forward but as you well know its all about time so im taking my time working my grief and probably be working it till my time is through but im helping others in their time and I heal from it that's how Im doing Terry thank you for asking  :love4:

I'm so glad to know that the work you're doing for others is helping to heal your heart. All we can do is the best we can do and hold onto every little bit of peace and joy that blows our way.

I've missed your posts, John. You always give so much of yourself on here to the other members. You are one of many in our group of wonderful caring people. And, very special. I really have missed you guys but understand you're all busy and have so much going on in your lives. :love9:

((((((((John))))))))

Hugs & Love,
Terry

Terry

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2014, 07:17:22 PM »
jbryant, that's good that you're out there helping others, doing something positive.

Myself...not so much! I feel like I'm frozen in time, still working the same job, living in the same place, nothing has changed. Don't feel motivated to try to change things. I can't believe this is my life from now on, but maybe it is. It's been almost 3 1/2 years.

So good to hear from you, Dave. I think of you often. I think that when you're ready to, you'll get out there (wherever out there is) because we just don't know, sometimes what we want to do and we can be stuck in that 'stall' stage for a long time. Good things will happen, Dave. A change is gonna come.

Hugs & Love to you,

((((((((Dave))))))))

Love,
Terry

Terry

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2014, 07:24:09 PM »
Hi

Must be in the air.  Last 2 weeks I have been down.  I get back up try again ... it's like it is playing over again .... like the first day I loss Lou but I am trying.  

My friend that I met that is a widow she is down too.  

All we can do is try and try again .............

Hugs , Peace, Faith and light to everyone  :engel2:

Always

Lisa

Hey, Lisa gal - You're not alone. I think it's the weather change. I have been in a slump, too. Big time. But, I feel this way every Spring because everything comes back to life. Everything but what I want to....
I can relate to feeling like it was yesterday, all over again. Those emotions hit strong and hard.

I'm glad you have company. A good friend to spend time with.

Tomorrow is another day and hopefully a better one for us all.

((((((((Lisa))))))))

Love & Hugs,
Terry

arthur

• nospam
  • ((Maureen))
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2014, 05:35:26 AM »
Hi Terry..I am doing better than I was. Life is bittersweet without Maureen. I just want to say that your help and love has been an invaluable to me. I hope you are doing well Terry, I always know that you have my back when the grief brings me to my knees as it sometimes does these days. I know know that you have your struggles too,but you are always therefor others when they are in the thick of it despite your own struggles. Hang in there Terry!!
Arthur

FrankM

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2014, 04:06:59 PM »
I wish I could feel better, eat ,sleep think but Monday is One month that Kathy passing away and I can't think of a reason to move on.

Terry

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2014, 10:04:43 PM »
Hi Terry..I am doing better than I was. Life is bittersweet without Maureen. I just want to say that your help and love has been an invaluable to me. I hope you are doing well Terry, I always know that you have my back when the grief brings me to my knees as it sometimes does these days. I know know that you have your struggles too,but you are always therefor others when they are in the thick of it despite your own struggles. Hang in there Terry!!
Arthur

Thanks for checking in, Arthur. You know how Mama Terry worries. :icon_flower: I'm doing OK and Thank You for what you wrote and you have been there for me, too. Always. We're there for each other. That's the only way we make it.

(((((((((Arthur))))))))) :love9:

Love,
Terry

jbryant

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2014, 04:39:17 PM »
it is strange how spring fever is just that a fever for us but it to as the pollen that falls and makes us well you know the feeling this to shall pass lots of hugs to everyone :love4: :engel2:

stampingwidow

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2014, 01:44:09 PM »
Hello everyone this is an update on my situation.  People are telling me that I am looking much better but when I look at photographs I see that I am not smiling.  I am making progress. I have returned to church and to participating in a few of their activities. I am not participating much in community activities, yet.

I am flying yo Alaska, in a few weeks I tend to sit around the house and vegetate, which I know is not good for me.  There have been many maintenance problems with the house and farm.  I have been blessed with good friends great construction people, willing to assist me.  Making decisions with out Robert, is hard but necessary. I miss his companionship and always will.  I am making progress though.  I can now look at picture if him and not cry.  I can stand going to the cemetery and no longer cry.  I have lost a few friends but have gained some supportive ones too. 

I want all to know there is a light at the end of the tunnel!  I am beginning to see it!  I am not there yet but I now have hope!  When I was on here daily, I did not feel like I would ever see it.  It is possible to developed a new normal but we will never have the old normal.  It is up to us, wether we develop a good or a bad new normal.

mousewife

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 19, 2014, 09:48:25 PM »
Glad to see that others are doing pretty well.  For some reason I am not.  Things have been down for me since the middle of last September.  I'm still doing the things I did, but I'm thinking about giving them up.  I enjoy them while I'm there, but then I come home to the same life.  I have almost no energy and little motivation.  I guess I've gotten worn down by all the things I've tried to do to make a new happy life, and still finding myself without one.  I'm discouraged and feel like nothing good will ever come to me.  I was so much better last year.  It's disappointing to be this far down at this point.  It's been seven years.  I don't want my life to continue to be like this.  I want a new fulfilling life, but where is it?  That I can't figure out.  Three of my friends are having problems now also and that's hurtful to me.

I guess I just needed to vent and hopefully get some supportive encouragement.  I hope some of you feel able to give me some.  I  could use it right now.

Peace and Healing
mousewife

funlearningmother

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 19, 2014, 09:59:56 PM »
It was great to read everyone's response and how you are all doing. I am new on here and I always seem to get something out of what is said. I sometimes feel like things went so differently for me then others and don't know if what I feel is normal or healthy or what. I never had a settled life with my fiance so when he died I didn't just lose him I lost my whole life. I have had to start all over again, new place to live, reconnect with my kids, new friends, haven't been working because it overwhelmed me so badly that it's taken me 2 years just to start to feel somewhat like maybe life might be ok someday.
I love the quote that Terry has at the bottom of his profile by C.S. Lewis. My mom didn't understand that, she tried to compare my love for Riki against my grandparents love for each other when my Nana died after over 60 yrs of marriage. That really hurt.
So I had a field trip with my son and daughters grade 5/6 classes. We went to what they call Weasel Head flats. It was some concrete walking trails and some dirt. There was a pond and a small river that we passed along the way. The teacher in charge had us stop and for a couple of mins by the river we were to just listen and look. I have always loved to do that I love nature. I just ended up crying quietly. When I was with Riki the happiest places were with him in the woods and especially on the lake. His father owns a boat. I don't know how I will ever visit a lake or river without feeling this horrendous grief. I want to be in those places and when I am it just hurts.
Hugs to you all in your pain and growth.