Author Topic: Hurting and scared  (Read 2832 times)

Gail08

• nospam
  • Where Jolene flew into the wind
    • View Profile
Hurting and scared
« on: April 02, 2014, 03:02:53 PM »
Sometimes the pain is so bad I am not sure I am going to make it through the day.  It is all I can do to move.  Some mornings I can hardly make myself get out of bed as facing the day without my mother is so hard.  To be honest, I don't want to live without my mother.  I hate life without her.  It hurts so bad.   Taking one step at a time is such a struggle. Sometimes I don't know if I am going to make it from one step to the next.  It just REALLY REALLY hurts.  I miss her SOOOOOOOOOOO much.
G                                  Sisters 2 the end
  A                                Friends 2 the end
     I                   _________________________
 J O L E N E              In my heart 4 ever

Terry

• Administrator
    • “Grief is like the ocean; it comes on waves ebbing and flowing. Sometimes the water is calm, and sometimes it is overwhelming. All we can do is learn to swim.” –Vicki Harrison
    • View Profile
Re: Hurting and scared
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2014, 01:36:03 PM »

Hi Gail,

I hope you and your cousin enjoyed the concert. Whenever the two of you can get together and just get out of the house, well that would be nice. I'm so glad you have each other.

One day at a time is all any of us can do. Keep posting. It helps, a lot.

My Mom died 37 years ago and I miss her everyday. It sure doesn't feel like it's been that long. I can't imagine not missing her as that would mean she never existed. We learn to live with the pain, Gail. After awhile, we incorporate the fondest memories and although the smiles are mixed with tears for quite some time, it's those memories of the love we have for them that allows us to continue on with our lives in their honor. Talking about them, sharing stories is the way we honor them; by keeping them alive in not only our hearts but in the hearts of others.

Remember that the pain is the result of losing a great love in our lives. It is in direct proportion to the love we feel. It can't be denied. In time, we accept that it is a normal part of the grieving process and forward.

Love & Hugs, :love9:
Terry

Ranger32080

• nospam
    • View Profile
Re: Hurting and scared
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2014, 12:14:39 PM »
Hi Gail,

I can definitely relate to how you are feeling. I lost my mom nearly 3 years ago. At first, I was fine because I knew she was in a better place and no longer in pain or struggling. After awhile, the grief and pain from her being gone finally set in. It hurt a lot. I cried every day. Thanksgiving and Christmas still sucks because she passed the day before Thanksgiving and Christmas was our favorite holiday. I love and miss her a lot, but I know she's watching over me.

Just remember that she is always right there beside you and will never leave you. She will always be your guardian angel and watch over you.  Ask God for peace, comfort and strength. He will get you through.

Hugs,
Adam