Author Topic: Is anyone else having a bad day today?  (Read 3345 times)

mousewife

• nospam
    • View Profile
Is anyone else having a bad day today?
« on: March 12, 2014, 03:16:42 PM »
I hope not.  But, I am.  I started off fine.  Then about midday I just went down.  Then I had a brief spell of anxiety about the possibility of being alone the rest of my life.

The 18th will be the seventh anniversary of my husband's death.  I don't think that's bothering me.  It's more about being alone even though I don't know what it would be like to be with someone else.

I'm tired of things being the same, and yet, I've got it pretty good, considering.  This is the spring of my discontent I guess.  Well, I've been here before.  I'm sure I'll survive even if I'm less than happy at all times.

Peace and Healing,
mousewife

MyLou

• nospam
    • View Profile
Re: Is anyone else having a bad day today?
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2014, 01:53:39 AM »
(((((( Mouse ))))))

I am almost at 3 1/2 yrs I still have my bad days.  It stinks !!!  I think we will have these days for the rest of our lives.  I'm not sure but we loss our soulmates and loved them with all our heart and soul.

I still just take my life one sec, min , hour , day at a time.  I still get bad anxiety some days.  I still have medicine for those attacks.  I never really had them until I loss My Lou.

I am just asking but do you think you want to try and date ?

Always,

Lisa
"Soulmates Forever"

I miss you every second of everyday My Love

I know I will see you again

mousewife

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2014, 06:06:06 AM »
Lisa,

Thanks for responding. Yes, under the right circumstances, I would like to date.  I just haven't been able to meet the right person, under the right situation yet.  And I do get disappointed and frustrated about that.  Then I think if I do meet someone, they might not want me.  But, I do think we can only heal so much, and the at that point, at least for some of us, we would be much better if we could find a new mate.

Peace and Healing,
mousewife

Terry

• Administrator
    • “Grief is like the ocean; it comes on waves ebbing and flowing. Sometimes the water is calm, and sometimes it is overwhelming. All we can do is learn to swim.” –Vicki Harrison
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2014, 08:58:19 PM »

(((((((( mousewife ))))))) :love9:

rayinsc

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2014, 08:22:40 PM »
Mouse,
It is not easy to reach out and meet someone new.  I am seeing a woman who has been widowed 8 years and not dated.  She like you has come to realize life has more to offer if there is someone else there to share it.  I too believe that. 

As you continue to move into the future, keep your outcome expectations low while keeping your selection expectations high.  Look for someone to have fun with, not to be a partner with, just someone who you are comfortable to be around.

Run, run, run, if the man cannot support himself....
Ray in Santa Cruz

mousewife

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2014, 06:39:46 AM »
Ray,

Thanks.  I'm trying to do that.  It's just that in all the things that I have tried and still participate in, I haven't met anyone.  I've come close a couple of times, but nothing has come of that, which bums me out. In the group settings there are about 8 women for every guy.  And they're all younger.  I haven't found any groups my age.  I've tried dating sites, but I can never stay on there for long because I feel like I'm trying to sell myself like a piece of meet.

I'm glad something is working out for you.  And your advice is good about expectations.

Peace and Healing,
mousewife