Author Topic: This is so hard  (Read 2231 times)

Gail08

• nospam
  • Where Jolene flew into the wind
    • View Profile
This is so hard
« on: February 26, 2014, 11:56:11 PM »
Been laying here crying trying to figure out how to cope with the suddenness of the loss of my mom.  That is what I am having some of the most trouble with.  I have never hurt like this in all my life.  The numbness is just overbearing.  I still can't believe she is gone.  How does one begin to deal with such a sudden loss?  I have no idea how to start to deal with it.  I need ANY and ALL advice that I can get on how to begin to cope as it just REALLY REALLY hurts. 
G                                  Sisters 2 the end
  A                                Friends 2 the end
     I                   _________________________
 J O L E N E              In my heart 4 ever

Doug1222

• nospam
  • Keep on keeping on.
    • View Profile
Re: This is so hard
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2014, 09:23:40 AM »
How does one begin to deal with such a sudden loss?

That's the only kind of loss I know, Gail. Actually, your mom was less sudden than mine. My dad and my brother were both perfectly healthy and killed in accidents.

I never got to visit anybody in the hospital. Mine were fine and healthy then they were in a coffin.

Try checking out the book "I Wasn't Ready To Say Goodbye".

http://www.amazon.com/Wasnt-Ready-Say-Goodbye-Surviving/dp/1452657505

I wish I had something to help your pain. I'm no expert, though. It took me nearly twenty years to deal with my brother. That book's what helped me the most.

(((((((Gail))))))))
« Last Edit: February 27, 2014, 09:26:30 AM by Doug1222 »

Sally1950

• nospam
    • View Profile
Re: This is so hard
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2014, 02:34:55 PM »
even though my daughter Heather had terminal cancer, and everybody and everything said she would die, I never believed it would happen. and when it did happen I went into shock. I could not imagine a world without her. I don't remember the funeral or much of the first year after her death. I know I went to work, I did housework and yardwork, but like a robot with no feeling or memory of even doing things. it has been 7 years now and the shock is gone, just deep sadness. the pain doesn't go away, but it becomes tolerable.