Author Topic: Almost done...  (Read 4961 times)

Doug1222

• nospam
  • Keep on keeping on.
    • View Profile
Almost done...
« on: March 22, 2014, 04:13:55 AM »
I edited out the original post because I was extremely frustrated at the time. It was some marriage problems that have been building for years. I was nearly at a breaking point. Just terribly, terribly frustrated because I thought we were better.

Still not totally sure if it'll work out, but I'm feeling better. I might be ok.

Things might be ok. I love my wife. No matter what, I really do love her.

Might be best to pull these complaints out.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2014, 07:48:13 AM by Doug1222 »

mousewife

• nospam
    • View Profile
Re: Almost done...
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2014, 04:53:12 PM »
Doug,

Sorry you are going through upsetting things.  You didn't mention anywhere in your post if you have expressed your feelings verbally to your wife.  Have you told her how you feel and asked her how she feels?  It might be very clear in your mind how you feel, but, unless you tell her, she probably won't know.  To me, it sounds like there are things she is feeling that you're not aware of also.

It seems like you still value many things about your marriage, and if that's the case, it could be helpful to spend some time talking to and listening to your wife. At this point, it might be beneficial to have the help of a counselor whom you both trust.

Peace and Healing,
mousewife

Doug1222

• nospam
  • Keep on keeping on.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2014, 06:51:29 PM »
It seems like you still value many things about your marriage, and if that's the case, it could be helpful to spend some time talking to and listening to your wife.

Yes, I do, mousewife. My wife is my best friend. We always have a good time together. We talk all the time about things.

When I was going through my crisis, we did talk at great length and depth about these things...hours every night.

Then things got better for a while. 2012 was great.

Now we're back where we were.

I doubt if a counselor could do anything. I don't trust any of them. My wife went to one working through some issues at work. She quit going and said I did her more good than the counselor. We talk all the time. My wife is probably not aware that I'm this frustrated at this point, but she was when we went through this before. We talked about it for months and worked through it. I'm not sure if I can go through that again.

I'll be ok. Just very frustrated. It feels like I'm being pushed back into depression...and I won't go back there. We'll talk. Hopefully things will improve.

I do love my wife very much.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2014, 06:55:11 PM by Doug1222 »

Doug1222

• nospam
  • Keep on keeping on.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2014, 07:44:17 PM »
We'll probably be ok. I was just very frustrated this morning. After hanging out with my wife all day, I feel better.

Some things will have to improve.

We talk, though. We talk a lot. We can probably fix it. I do love my wife very, very much.
 :love4:
« Last Edit: March 25, 2014, 02:03:53 PM by Doug1222 »

Doug1222

• nospam
  • Keep on keeping on.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2014, 07:43:44 AM »
Feeling better now.
 :icon_flower:

We'll probably have a long talk very soon. Most of this isn't new. It's just some things that I had hoped would get better that haven't really. Some expectations. Some of it is things that were supposed to happen that never have. It's difficult. I hate to feel this way, but something is going to have to change for my self-preservation. I would literally hate seeing my marriage break up. When we talked about it before, we agreed that we'd want to continue to be friends no matter what. We like each other. We'll talk soon.

Hopefully things will be fine.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2014, 02:42:24 PM by Doug1222 »