Author Topic: BAD DAY!!  (Read 5186 times)

lindsalee7

• nospam
  • I'm 32 a mother wife sister friend and CF warrior
    • View Profile
BAD DAY!!
« on: January 22, 2014, 08:42:13 AM »
I had a dream about my sister last night. I was chasing her through a field. I was desperately trying to catch up to her, but just couldn't. I woke up with my chest hurting and felt like I couldn't breathe. So, I've been having a difficult morning, crying a lot.

I lost my younger sister 7 months ago to Cystic Fibrosis. She was only 26. I also have CF, so we were more than just siblings. We were best friends and warriors against the same disease.

BAD DAY!!
Lover of life ;)

Doug1222

• nospam
  • Keep on keeping on.
    • View Profile
Re: BAD DAY!!
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2014, 09:04:29 AM »
Hi, lindsalee! I'm sorry we have to meet this way, but I'm glad you found your way here.

I lost my brother when he was 22 in 1995. His was a sudden accident. I had a terribly hard time with it. My grief was delayed many years probably due to losing my dad in another accident just a few years later.

I nearly had a breakdown in 2011. Finding Webhealing helped save me. I hope it helps you, too.

The only advice I could give you is to feel it. I crammed my grief so deep that it almost destroyed me. Don't do that. Just feel it. Talk about your sister. Cry when you need to. Don't be afraid of it. It's part of being a human being. We're supposed to hurt when we lose someone we love. Talk to us anytime you want.

It gets better. Never really goes away, but it gets better.

I'm sorry you have to go through this. Just know you're not alone.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2014, 09:59:08 AM by Doug1222 »

ScottW

• nospam
  • This is a picture of my sister, Jori
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2014, 09:42:03 AM »
Hi Lindsalee.  I want to echo what Doug just said.  This forum is a really remarkable venue for you to share your thoughts and feelings and get some genuine support.  I lost my sister just over 5 years ago.  The friends that I made on this site really helped me get through the lowest of the lows.  As Doug said, it will get . . . easier . . . it will become different . . .

I wish that there was some way to speed up the process for you but, unfortunately, you just need to fight on.  It took me a good 3 years before I was able to re-connect with friends and begin to live my life again.

When I was in the depths of my worst moments, the only thing that really helped at all was to know that there were others out there thinking about me.  Know that I am thinking about you . . .

I hope that you continue to utilize this support group.  Write lots . . . and write often . . . I think that you'll be pleasantly surprised at the responses you will receive.

For now, take it day to day . . . hour to hour if you must.

Best,
Scott

browneyedgirl

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2014, 05:42:54 PM »
Welcome to Webhealing.  I am so very sorry for the loss of your sister.  I lost my brother, almost 5 years ago.  AS you can see, you have come to the right place.  There are many loving people here who truly care about one another.

We are all here for you...post as often as you like, about whatever you like.

Welcome, again. 

Take care.
Tony Repola 07/20/66 – 03/29/09
I know you are fishing in the oceans and streams of heaven

Terry

• Administrator
    • “Grief is like the ocean; it comes on waves ebbing and flowing. Sometimes the water is calm, and sometimes it is overwhelming. All we can do is learn to swim.” –Vicki Harrison
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2014, 03:21:16 PM »
I had a dream about my sister last night. I was chasing her through a field. I was desperately trying to catch up to her, but just couldn't. I woke up with my chest hurting and felt like I couldn't breathe. So, I've been having a difficult morning, crying a lot.

I lost my younger sister 7 months ago to Cystic Fibrosis. She was only 26. I also have CF, so we were more than just siblings. We were best friends and warriors against the same disease.

BAD DAY!!

Welcome to Webhealing, lindsalee! :love9:

I'm so sorry your precious sister has died. Thank you for sharing a little about her and also, yourself. Seven months is still very early grief so take care of yourself. You're dealing with a lot right now.

(When you find the time, be sure to post your sister's birthday, angel date and any other date that is special to you and your sister in the thread "Angel Dates and Birthdays." This way we can honor her on her special dates.)

Tell us more about your sister when you're comfortable sharing. Someone is always here to listen with an open heart. I hope that in time, webhealing will become your online home as it has for so many others. Know that you are loved here.

(((((((((lindsalee)))))))))

Love,
Terry

Gail08

• nospam
  • Where Jolene flew into the wind
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2014, 03:43:31 PM »
Hello Lindsalee,
I am so very sorry for the loss of your sister.  I can feel your pain as I too lost my sister 5 years ago.  We were best friends as well.  I hope that Webhealing will help you as much as it has helped me.  We all here understand and are always here to listen.

Take care,
Gail
G                                  Sisters 2 the end
  A                                Friends 2 the end
     I                   _________________________
 J O L E N E              In my heart 4 ever

lindsalee7

• nospam
  • I'm 32 a mother wife sister friend and CF warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2014, 07:18:03 PM »
Thank you all so much for your kindness and support!  I'm happy to be here :-)
Lover of life ;)