Author Topic: Happy Heavenly Birthday, Tommy! ((Barb))  (Read 1933 times)

Terry

• Administrator
    • “Grief is like the ocean; it comes on waves ebbing and flowing. Sometimes the water is calm, and sometimes it is overwhelming. All we can do is learn to swim.” –Vicki Harrison
    • View Profile
Happy Heavenly Birthday, Tommy! ((Barb))
« on: January 11, 2014, 01:07:39 PM »

Happy Heavenly Birthday, Tommy! :love9:

((((((((Barb)))))))

Thinking of you today on your precious Tommy's heavenly birthday. Hoping your memories are the sweetest.

Hope you enjoyed your holiday season.

Love & Hugs, :love9:
Terry

barb0617

• nospam
    • View Profile
Re: Happy Heavenly Birthday, Tommy! ((Barb))
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2014, 05:01:42 PM »
Thanks, Terry.  It still means so much that you remember.  Tom's last earth-bound birthday was 2007.  His death was a little over a month later.  I've always felt good in that I gave him a great last birthday.  Nice gifts, beautiful heart-felt cards that I retrieved from his apartment and placed in my little Tommy-basket on my dresser. I made his favorite cake, and a great meal. It's hard to believe that it's almost seven years since he died by suicide. It's even harder to believe that in April it will be 15 years since his brother Jim died in a car accident at college.  The miracle is that we have survived it all and kept ourselves alive long enough to find the long-lost joy of living.  Our surviving daughters bless us every day.  One is married to a wonderful man, and they've given us two beautiful grandchildren, and their home is just around the corner.  Before I lost the boys I would have thought there was something wrong that they chose to live so close by.  But we really need one another, and the proximity allows us to flourish. Likewise, my other daughter, single, returned from life on the opposite coast and has lived home for 18 months.  We strengthen one another. Honestly, I didn't think I would ever experience happiness. But we never stopped trying to survive, to live beyond the suffering, and life is good.