Author Topic: Wishing you all...  (Read 4651 times)

Terry

• Administrator
    • “Grief is like the ocean; it comes on waves ebbing and flowing. Sometimes the water is calm, and sometimes it is overwhelming. All we can do is learn to swim.” –Vicki Harrison
    • View Profile
Wishing you all...
« on: December 24, 2013, 09:12:03 AM »

....a very happy holiday season! Thinking of everyone here; Gail, Helene, Doug, Scott and others who post on these boards! :icon_santa:

Stop by if you get a chance and let us know how you're doing! :love9: :love9:

My love to you all,
Terry

Doug1222

• nospam
  • Keep on keeping on.
    • View Profile
Re: Wishing you all...
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2013, 07:25:55 PM »
Thank you, Terry! It was happy...odd, but happy. My step dad had his left leg amputated in October. He's still in. We spent Halloween, Thanksgiving, and Christmas days at the hospital visiting!

So far, he's still recovering. He's doing hyperbaric treatments. It's a slow process, but he's growing neww capillaries. It's just slow. The first amputation failed after eleven days, so they took it higher. So far, this one's working.

This year is SO different from last year. Last year, I was giddy over finding my old friend, Becky. Now we're not speaking. She's actually tried to contact me many times...as recently as yesterday. I've just got nothing to say to her.

It's ok, though. I'm stronger this year.

I hope everybody else is doing all right. I'm hanging in there.

ScottW

• nospam
  • This is a picture of my sister, Jori
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2013, 08:52:08 PM »
Thank you Terry and same to you!  You know my story . . . Come on January 1!

Best to you and yours,
Scott

Terry

• Administrator
    • “Grief is like the ocean; it comes on waves ebbing and flowing. Sometimes the water is calm, and sometimes it is overwhelming. All we can do is learn to swim.” –Vicki Harrison
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2013, 06:53:43 PM »

Doug...I'm so glad to hear that your step-Dad is recovering and although slowly, he's on the right track.

I'm also glad to hear your holidays have been going well and that you're happy! That's good news, always!!

Love & Hugs, :love4:
Terry

Terry

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2013, 06:55:47 PM »

It'll be here, Scott before you know it. Hold on tightly and know I'm in your corner.

Sending you big hugs, :love9:

(((((((((Scott)))))))))

Gail08

• nospam
  • Where Jolene flew into the wind
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2013, 04:13:33 PM »
Doug, I am so sorry that your step-dad had to lose his leg but am glad he is doing ok.  Hope he continues to heal.

Scott, know that I have been thinking about you and keeping you close in thought and prayer.
G                                  Sisters 2 the end
  A                                Friends 2 the end
     I                   _________________________
 J O L E N E              In my heart 4 ever

browneyedgirl

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2013, 05:45:24 PM »
((((Doug))))) we are always progressing whether we realize it or not. Prayers for your step father.
Tony Repola 07/20/66 – 03/29/09
I know you are fishing in the oceans and streams of heaven