Author Topic: Thank goodness Thanksgiving is over but now here comes New Years  (Read 3129 times)

Gail08

• nospam
  • Where Jolene flew into the wind
    • View Profile
Thank goodness Thanksgiving is over but now here comes New Years
« on: December 04, 2013, 03:46:21 PM »
I am so relieved that Thanksgiving is over.  My brother-in-law came and it was so hard.  It always hurts so much when he comes.  He did bring some more of her things.  He brought her manicure set which she used a lot and her sea bag from when she was in the Navy.  She used that a lot as she moved from her boot camp to her school that she had to go to after boot camp and then to where she was stationed at after boot camp and her school.  I am glad to have her things but there are some things that when I see them, such as her hand writing, that really hits me hard and there was a tag in her sea bag where she had written her name and SS #.  It just makes me miss her more. 

But now I am dreading New Years.  That was so very special to us.  That was when we would have some of our most fun.  I would give anything to be able to do it again with her.  I just miss her SOOOOOOOO MUCH.  It just doesn't feel like the pain will ever lessen.  It just hurts so much.   :tearyeyed:
G                                  Sisters 2 the end
  A                                Friends 2 the end
     I                   _________________________
 J O L E N E              In my heart 4 ever

ScottW

• nospam
  • This is a picture of my sister, Jori
    • View Profile
Re: Thank goodness Thanksgiving is over but now here comes New Years
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2013, 03:31:04 PM »
I hear you loud and clear (so loud and clear)!   I don't know if I posted it here but I know that 4-5 weeks ago, I was thinking "January 1 cannot get here soon enough".

After getting through T'Giving (the anniversary of my sister's death), December brings Jori's birthday, both of her son's birthdays, my wife's birthday and my birthday.  Enough . . . or too much.

I don't know if the pain lessens, as you say, but, for me, it does change.

Hang in there Gail, we'll "celebrate" 2014 soon enough.

Best,
Scott

Terry

• Administrator
    • “Grief is like the ocean; it comes on waves ebbing and flowing. Sometimes the water is calm, and sometimes it is overwhelming. All we can do is learn to swim.” –Vicki Harrison
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2013, 10:06:57 AM »

I'm right there with you both, (((((((( Gail and Scott )))))))).

Hold on tightly.....You are both loved.
:love9:

Gail08

• nospam
  • Where Jolene flew into the wind
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2013, 04:02:13 PM »
Scott and Terry,
Thank you both so very much for your support during this difficult time of year.  It means so much.   I would never be able to make it without yours and everyone else's support here.

Thank you both again and know that you both are in my thoughts and prayers daily.  There is just no words to say Thank You enough.

(((((SCOTT)))))     (((((TERRY)))))

Love, Gail
G                                  Sisters 2 the end
  A                                Friends 2 the end
     I                   _________________________
 J O L E N E              In my heart 4 ever