Author Topic: Holidays  (Read 3879 times)

Adams Brokenhearted Mama

• View Profile
Holidays
« on: November 28, 2013, 07:33:17 AM »
Happy Thanksgiving and Thanksgivingkah to all who celebrate.
I know firsthand how difficult our lives have become however I am blessed to have been Adam's mother and to receive his signs.
I am blessed with a loving husband, 3 other children, loving family and friends.
I am blessed to have a roof over my head and food in my belly.
I am blessed to have found this board (TU Tom) to express my innermost feelings here where I feel the safest.
I am blessed to have found Terry!
Love & Hugs to all who come here. I hope that today you can count your blessings too.
XO Paula
XO Love to all my sisters & brothers-in-grief XO
Wishing you all peaceful moments, signs from your Angels & many blessings

Terry

• Administrator
    • “Grief is like the ocean; it comes on waves ebbing and flowing. Sometimes the water is calm, and sometimes it is overwhelming. All we can do is learn to swim.” –Vicki Harrison
    • View Profile
Re: Holidays
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2013, 07:53:42 PM »

(((((((Paula)))))))

Such a pleasant post and also a nice reminder! Thanks for sharing your blessings and I, too am grateful for the love in my life and for the dear friends I have made over the years on this board and I am grateful for your friendship, Paula!.

I hope everyone is enjoying the season as it has begun with Thanksgiving as we gather to count our blessings. And, for some it has begun with Hanukkah.

Happy Thanksgiving and Happy Hanukkah to all here. And, though it is a difficult time of year for us all, please know you are never alone. You are all, always in my heart.

Thinking of you all with love in my heart, :love9:
Terry

SarahW

• nospam
  • The moment a child is born,the mother is also born
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2013, 08:31:52 PM »
Happy Thanksgiving and Thanksgivingkah to all who celebrate.
I know firsthand how difficult our lives have become however I am blessed to have been Adam's mother and to receive his signs.
I am blessed with a loving husband, 3 other children, loving family and friends.
I am blessed to have a roof over my head and food in my belly.
I am blessed to have found this board (TU Tom) to express my innermost feelings here where I feel the safest.
I am blessed to have found Terry!
Love & Hugs to all who come here. I hope that today you can count your blessings too.
XO Paula

Thanks for this great post, Paula.

I did pretty well this Thanksgiving; had a big crowd here and still have my two foster daughters so that helped.

So far, have managed to stave off the holiday blues.  Had a couple of really rough weeks early in Nov - not sure why.  Just thought about Vince a lot and cried and had a couple of melt downs.  But it seems to have subsided for now.

Best wishes to all for the holiday season.
I love thee to the level of every day's Most quiet need, by sun and candle-light. -- Emily Dickinson

You were a gift

ScottW

• nospam
  • This is a picture of my sister, Jori
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2013, 10:06:38 PM »
Paula, just wanted to let you know that this is a beautiful - and inspiring - message.  Thank you.

SarahW

• nospam
  • The moment a child is born,the mother is also born
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2013, 01:05:30 PM »
Starting to get Christmas cards, but it has been long enough now that everyone knows Vince is gone, so I no longer get cards that are addressed to both of us, or ask how he is doing, etc.  So I can open them more joyfully these days.

But looking through the mail Saturday, I saw a legal-size envelope with the return address of the cemetery where Vince is buried (across the state, near his father's grave).  What a start it gave me!  I stared at it and felt it - seemed like it contained just one piece of paper, a letter of some sort. 

It just froze me - body and mind.  Then I opened it and read it really quickly - it was about a funds drive they were having for their arboretum. 

It was just one of those stomach punches, you know?  The years just don't protect you from them.

As always, thanks for listening.

Happy Holidays to one and all.  I know I am not around much any more, but it is always good to know this place is here.
I love thee to the level of every day's Most quiet need, by sun and candle-light. -- Emily Dickinson

You were a gift

Terry

• Administrator
    • “Grief is like the ocean; it comes on waves ebbing and flowing. Sometimes the water is calm, and sometimes it is overwhelming. All we can do is learn to swim.” –Vicki Harrison
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2013, 01:29:22 PM »

You're right, Sarah that the years don't protect us from those punches and the pain that weighs us down as the result of them.

I hope you, your girls and your mother-in-law have a wonderful and peaceful holiday season. I always love it when you post as do many others. Your words are always appreciated! :icon_flower:

Love & Hugs and thoughts of your precious Vince always, :love9:
Terry