Author Topic: My Brother  (Read 5613 times)

AC Mom

• nospam
    • View Profile
My Brother
« on: November 09, 2013, 07:09:37 PM »
I am posting this here because the child loss board is where I feel at "home" at.

My brother died today.  It was expected, we just didn't know when.  He had a heart attack 28 years ago at the age of 37.  He had many stints put in thru the years and lost a leg last year because of a medical error.

He has always been a inspiration to me.  Even with all his medical problems, he never let it slow him down.  I laughed at him when he retired from a local school district and couldn't handle not working, so he went out and got another job.

I last talked to him just a few days ago.  And like so many other times in my life after talking to someone, when I hung up, I got the strangest feeling that that was our last phone call.

Love
Peggy

Terry

• Administrator
    • “Grief is like the ocean; it comes on waves ebbing and flowing. Sometimes the water is calm, and sometimes it is overwhelming. All we can do is learn to swim.” –Vicki Harrison
    • View Profile
Re: My Brother
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2013, 10:58:47 AM »

Peg....I'm so sorry. You have my heart and lots of hugs. :love9:

((((((((( Peg )))))))))

AC Mom

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2013, 12:06:21 PM »
Thank You Terry.  All last night and this morning, me and my sisters have been sharing stories about all of us.  My brother made it clear to everyone that when he died, he wanted no one to feel regret, just to celebrate the life he had.  He chose not to have a funeral, but to be cremated, and have a celebration of his life after a few weeks.

We all plan on giving him the honor he deserves!

Love
Peggy

browneyedgirl

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2013, 12:33:46 PM »
(((Peggy)))))

I am so very sorry for the loss of your brother.  I am glad you're enjoying the times you had with your sisters.  Take care  :engel2:
Tony Repola 07/20/66 – 03/29/09
I know you are fishing in the oceans and streams of heaven

ScottW

• nospam
  • This is a picture of my sister, Jori
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2013, 11:33:01 AM »
Just wanted to express my condolences to you Peggy.  It sounds like your brother was an oustanding individual.  How thoughtful and selfless for him to communicate that he wanted you and your family to 'be at peace'.  Keep "celebrating".

AC Mom

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2013, 11:55:48 AM »
Thank You Pam and Scott.  Many people have said what a inspiration he was to them.  Its nice to know he touched a lot of people with the way he handled life.   

I will be forever grateful to him and his wife for their kindness when AC died.  At the time I was estranged from my brother so I really didn't expect much from him.  When AC died, be called and said to let him know how many people from out of town would be in Michigan for the memorial service, and he would give us all a place to sleep and eat for the time we were there.   

One night someone made the comment...... "We may not always get along, but we do know how to act when someone dies"  It gave us all a good laugh!

Love
Peggy

helene

• nospam
  • My Dad
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2013, 01:07:32 PM »
Hi Peggy,

I too am very sorry to hear about the loss of your dear brother. It sounds to me like he was the only brother you and your sisters had. I am glad you have close family, your sisters, with whom you can share memories of your brother with. You have been there for me so many times here at Webhealing. I just wanted you to know that I'm here for you too. Thank you for sharing some of your memories of your brother with us. Your account of how your brother was there for you after all when AC died is especially poignant.

Hope you're doing ok.

((((Peggy))))

Love,
Helene.

Helene & Lesley

AC Mom

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2013, 01:55:36 PM »
Thank You Helene.  Yes, he was the only brother to us 3 girls.  We weren't always close, but a few years ago I think we all realized that we were getting older and time was short, so it was time to at least learn to get along.

I am doing okay.  Like I told a friend yesterday.... I have had my only child die, death doesn't hurt like it use too. 

Love
Peggy

helene

• nospam
  • My Dad
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2013, 02:38:49 PM »
Hi Peggy,

I've never had a child and cannot imagine the horrendous pain of losing your only child. You have shared much wisdom with me that can only come from such a deep loss and the struggle to go on with your life. I pray you have lots of support from family and friends during this sorrowful time in with the loss of your only brother.

Love,

Helene.

Helene & Lesley