Author Topic: THANKSGIVING  (Read 8513 times)

MyLou

• nospam
    • View Profile
THANKSGIVING
« on: November 05, 2013, 03:27:04 AM »
Hi,

I was invited to NY for Thanksgiving.  I thought about it and thought of every excuse in my mind not to go. Because I am scared and don't want to ruin the holiday for anyone. I know it would be good and a change for me.  I talked to my friend. I just need an escape if I have a moment , breakdown and start to cry. My friend said whatever I need and accepts me, and knows my grief is a part of me.  Maybe I won't of course I always think a head.  I am used to being here and I can leave the dinner table and go to my room.

I know Lou would want me to go and enjoy. So I accepted the invitation.  I leave on Wednesday afternoon and returning Sunday morning. A little nervous driving to NY by myself. I can do this.  I keep telling myself.  

This is the 4th Thanksgiving without Lou.  Do you ever stop counting ? I don't think so.  

Grief gets different in everyway.  I still have bad days.  I talk to Lou everyday. He will always be My Angel  :angel11:

Always,
Lisa
« Last Edit: November 05, 2013, 03:30:11 AM by MyLou »
"Soulmates Forever"

I miss you every second of everyday My Love

I know I will see you again

DaveB

• nospam
    • View Profile
Re: THANKSGIVING
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2013, 08:32:40 AM »
Lisa, maybe it will be a good distraction for you. I know for myself, even though it's not the joyous occasion it used to be, I've gone to the last 2 family (her family) Thanksgivings, and it hasn't been too bad. Hope you go and have a good time. Your friend sounds very understanding. Maybe the drive will even be fun!

I hear you about counting. This is number 3 for me, she went into the hospital for the last time just before Thanksgiving, so this time of year I haven't found too much to be thankful for anymore.

MyLou

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2013, 05:35:53 PM »
(((((( DAVE ))))))

Thank you, yes you are right it will be good for me. I know I can do the drive but NY is crazy.  I've drove to LI three times before but always had someone with me.  

I know about not being thankful.  I really wasn't thankful but now I am.  I really am thankful for everyone here at Webhealing. My family , friends, nephew , nieces, job etc.  If I am going to be here on earth for a while but who knows. I need to look at some of the good.

Thinking of you Dave.

Always,

Lisa
"Soulmates Forever"

ScottW

• nospam
  • This is a picture of my sister, Jori
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2013, 03:00:41 PM »
"Grief gets different in everyway."  Very well said.  I cerainly don't think it 'goes away' . . . just changes.

Terry

• Administrator
    • “Grief is like the ocean; it comes on waves ebbing and flowing. Sometimes the water is calm, and sometimes it is overwhelming. All we can do is learn to swim.” –Vicki Harrison
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2013, 04:47:17 PM »

Hey Lisa...I hope you have a really nice time. I wouldn't worry about crying or upsetting someone's comfort level because if they are your friends, they'll give you a hug when you need one. And, if they don't....they don't matter anyway. It's the test of true friendship. I honestly don't know how anyone can ignore another's pain.

It's a long drive so be sure to have your GPS on, on your phone. Bring an extra battery and don't forget your car charger!!! :icon_mrgreen: You'll do fine.
You have made some really good friends and I'm so happy for you! Be careful. Be safe. And, eat lots of turkey! :icon_flower:

Thanks for sharing your Thanksgiving plans with us. Know I'll be thinking of you, with love.

(((((((Lisa)))))))

Love,
Terry

browneyedgirl

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2013, 08:18:39 PM »
((((Dave)))))

((((Lisa))))  It's okay to cry.  Let it out if you need to..... :engel2:
Tony Repola 07/20/66 – 03/29/09
I know you are fishing in the oceans and streams of heaven

MyLou

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2013, 03:02:19 AM »
((((((( HUGS TO ALL ))))))))

Always,

Lisa
"Soulmates Forever"

jbryant

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2013, 04:08:14 PM »
you  got this ((((((Lisa))))) have fun :love4:

arthur

• nospam
  • ((Maureen))
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2013, 11:02:57 PM »
Wow you are driving to NYC by yourself? You are braver than I would be Lisa!!I hope you enjoy your stay in NYC  with your friends. I am thankful just to have your support in my own struggles with grief Lisa! Hang in there and enjoy the trip!

MyLou

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2013, 05:10:16 PM »
Jon , I hope I do  :icon_flower: thank you

Arthur, OMG do you believe it ?? I can't even believe I am doing this. I have to be a big girl. NY here I come  :icon_flower:  . thank you

Hugs

Always

Lisa
"Soulmates Forever"

MyLou

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2013, 04:33:33 PM »
((((((( ALL ))))))))

I just got back from New York this afternoon.  I had an AWESOME time. I am so happy I went. Of couse I had my moments and I knew I would.

I want to thank EVERYONE here for your support. Telling me to go and I can do this. You all were right.   :icon_flower:

Always,

Lisa

"Soulmates Forever"

jbryant

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2013, 04:49:23 PM »
so happy to hear that you had a good time I knew you would  :love4:

Terry

• Administrator
    • “Grief is like the ocean; it comes on waves ebbing and flowing. Sometimes the water is calm, and sometimes it is overwhelming. All we can do is learn to swim.” –Vicki Harrison
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 01, 2013, 08:45:30 PM »

Welcome home, Lisa! :icon_flower:

I'm so happy to hear that you enjoyed your Thanksgiving in N.Y. Do we get any details? Even small ones? :laughing6:

Love & Hugs, :love9:
Terry

browneyedgirl

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 01, 2013, 09:30:53 PM »
Lisa - thank you for updating......you are such an inspiration to those who have just started their journey, by posting your progress - for lack of a better word - as that is not the right one, but please recieve what I say with understanding....hope that makes sense.  

I am over joyed that you had a wonderful time - you deserve it and, that, although so easily said - is what your handsome Lou wants for you...although, I know BOTH you and Lou would want to be together, but...he'd want you to be happy.  So cliche, but so true.  

It's like, after one has time, yeah, it's not the same, but it can be "fun" (although all loss is hard, I have not lost my spouse, and think its a different loss, and my heart hurts for you, as I don't know that pain) But maybe - when we are ready to smile, or it finally happens without forcing it, you feel "okay" for a bit...or it's okay to cry too, 

How do you tell someone that, who has lost someone recently?  At least this is how it was for me - but I am 4 1/2 years into it, and I still have my moments.  

Sorry, didn't mean to change topic....Just wanted to tie it into how "progress" can be achieved - although there is NO (ZERO) time limit, I look back and think about how many times I wondered HOW LONG would it be till I felt "better"??  You never feel "better" - you adjust. At your pace.

Hope that came out right.  Hugs.   :engel2:
« Last Edit: December 01, 2013, 11:40:19 PM by browneyedgirl »
Tony Repola 07/20/66 – 03/29/09
I know you are fishing in the oceans and streams of heaven

DaveB

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 01, 2013, 09:34:47 PM »
Lisa, that IS awesome! So glad you had a good time!